Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Michael, I tried to drag and drop the photo into the post but only got the URL. How did you get my photo to appear?

Thanks,

Jason

jbucklin

Practically Family
You mean like this?

My Stetson Saxon
Photo80.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
And of course I had to include a photo of my new Dobbs Dayton. It's funny, I got it home and realized it's pretty much the same hat as my Stetson Saxon, except that it's Steel Grey and the Saxon is Graphite. Enough of a difference to justify the purchase! :D

Photo98.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Those are both nice hats, jbucklin! I like the color of the Dobbs a little bit better, but steel gray is one of my favorite colors, so there you go.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Brent Hutto said:
It's not "today" exactly but rather Saturday evening at the Shakespeare's Globe theater, London. Just moments before the actors took the stage for a performance of Macbeth.

AstuccioAtGlobe.jpg

The hat is my new but now much-abused Astuccio. After being worn for 14 hours in airports and airplanes on Monday night then daily (and nightly) in non-stop 15-25mph winds on the English southeast coast for the remainder of the week as you can see the soft, floppy brim has rather "flopped".

On one evening while walking along the beach road in Deal, Kent a gust snatched the hat off my head, whisked it under a car that has just stopped at the corner head of me and I saw it disappear about 100 feet down a side street before I lost sight of it. I trotted down the street looking everywhere before doubling back and finding it sitting on the sidewalk about eight feet from where it was taken from my head. So somehow the swirling wind took it across the street, half a block down, across the street again then half a block back up to the original corner.

So I think by Saturday night it was holding up remarkably well. It helped that the weather was 8-14C all week (that's "cold" to "not quite as cold" in Fahrenheit term) so the hat didn't exactly get sweaty.
That is really cool! Both the hat and the theatre. I'm a huge fan of the Globe Theatre, myself, so I recognized the picture there before even reading your text. I'm involved with the A/V and Home Theater industry, designing and installing custom private dedicated home theaters, and have built one in each of my last two homes. For various reasons, I've named each one the "Globe Theatre", partially in homage to Shakespeare's original there in London.

What's the deal with the black fabric, though, around the stage, with people's heads sticking out?

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
For this staging of Macbeth they wanted to "involve" the groundlings in the action. At various points witches and ghosts and dead bodies would pop up from holes in the canopy in which no spectators were standing. And the witches and some "extras" crawled around under the canopy goosing the occasion innocent bystander at an opportune moment. Plus when characters were killed they would "dump" the bodies down through the canopy which basically represented the ground.

They also emptied "chamber pots" and tossed cut-off tongues and so forth into the first few rows. I didn't go stand down there but it was apparently quite an experience for those who did!

Michaelshane

One Too Many
jbucklin said:
And of course I had to include a photo of my new Dobbs Dayton. It's funny, I got it home and realized it's pretty much the same hat as my Stetson Saxon, except that it's Steel Grey and the Saxon is Graphite. Enough of a difference to justify the purchase! :D

What a concept.....Justifying a hat purchase....
I might have to try that.:)

Then maybe I won't have to hide them.;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Looking sharp as always Mario. Great Mallory! Love the red shirt and pocket square on you here. All you need to finish this ensemble is a "lady in red" on your arm...hm where could we find one? Oh there she is - but drat! no hat, maybe you could let her borrow yours Mario... Just remember she doesn't dance the Lindy Hop though;) Tango yes, Lindy Hop NOOO...
06222010IMG_5017croppedfinishedresi.jpg
Mario said:
Just another Mallory... :rolleyes: :D

mallory_cravenette_06_22_10.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Just remember she doesn't dance the Lindy Hop though;) Tango yes, Lindy Hop NOOO...

Carey -- Tango will do just fine. I think my getup doesn't really look like Lindy Hop anyway. And about the hat - I'll see to it that you get a proper one. And course we'll need a rose... ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I think I can cover the rose Mario, as I grow 97 antique and modern rose bushes here.:) This is a good little dress for dancing the Tango.

Mario said:
Carey -- Tango will do just fine. I think my getup doesn't really look like Lindy Hop anyway. And about the hat - I'll see to it that you get a proper one. And course we'll need a rose... ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Okay Michaelshane...:) this is most everything but the side gardens. The right side has a 30-40ft long spread of various climbers, and two huge roses on a moongate. The left side, the secret garden has two thornless climbers.

Michaelshane said:
Pictures of those roses please.....:eusa_clap

387814212.jpg

387814208.jpg

387813979.jpg

387814055.jpg

387813955.jpg

387814238.jpg

246883510.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics