Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
I'm curious to see how that lid holds up. That is a heck of a dunking and kinda proves once and for all they don't have to be babied in the rain

Put it up to dry under the ceiling fan last night. Was dry this morning, sweatband was a little damp. Well like any good hat it went right back out to mow today.:D
Looks none the worse. Actually the brim is shaped better than before. And it breaks a little farther back.:)

a1.jpg

a3.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What kind of hat is that anyway, Indycop?

It looks to me like a Taupe Fawn Akubra Campdraft with a wider ribbon on it, possibly from a Fed IV. Am I anywhere in the ballpark? You posted the picture of the pool dunking in my thread, but only mentioned that it was an Akubra...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Neophyte said:
What kind of hat is that anyway, Indycop?

It looks to me like a Taupe Fawn Akubra Campdraft with a wider ribbon on it, possibly from a Fed IV. Am I anywhere in the ballpark? You posted the picture of the pool dunking in my thread, but only mentioned that it was an Akubra...
You are correct, but Fed III ribbon.:)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Put it up to dry under the ceiling fan last night. Was dry this morning, sweatband was a little damp. Well like any good hat it went right back out to mow today.:D
Looks none the worse. Actually the brim is shaped better than before. And it breaks a little farther back.:)

So to get things straight, with this hat on your noggin you're likely to survive a plane crash, is that right? :D ;)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
indycop said:

a1.jpg

a3.jpg

Awesome! I am impressed by both the hat and your 'kick a hats ass'-action! I love the swoop of the brim. :eusa_clap

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
A little late. Watching the Independence Day fireworks in Brevard, NC. With my management team of course. Sure, it's just a Barmah kangaroo hat, but my parents brought it back on their trip to see my aunt and uncle in Australia a few years back. Baggy jacket is a Duluth Trading twill presentation jacket. It's great for travel, but not dressy at all.

IMG_0846.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
Awesome! I am impressed by both the hat and your 'kick a hats ass'-action! I love the swoop of the brim. :eusa_clap
If I would have known I was going to like it so much I would have done a better job on the ribbon.:rolleyes: :D So it seems if you can't get your brim quite right take it for a swim and it will be better!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn