Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today it's the Carbon Grey Akubra Fedora:

Fedora.jpg

Fedora2.jpg

....sorry, I was having fun with photobucket.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Dobbs Shantung Panama

Wore this one while out and about yesterday afternoon on business.

4817998719_6a56edee19.jpg

And a couple of low caliber outdoor shots for all the black and white aficionados out there.

4818622018_2cf5e78d7f.jpg
4818621596_2f6dde5434.jpg

danofarlington

B.J. Hedberg said:
Wore this one while out and about yesterday afternoon on business.

4817998719_6a56edee19.jpg
Very good look, congrats. Do you consider Minnesotans uptight anymore about hats, following on earlier conversation, or are they OK with hats? Native Minnesotans want to know.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
danofarlington said:
Very good look, congrats. Do you consider Minnesotans uptight anymore about hats, following on earlier conversation, or are they OK with hats? Native Minnesotans want to know.

I still don’t see many when I get downtown but out in the suburbs I’m starting to see more and more. In fact a fellow working at one of the department stores asked where I picked my hats up from, so that he had a place he could direct folks towards when they inquired.

Mostly large brim crushable “Cabela’s” type hats worn with anything and everything most of the time, but occasionally you’ll see a fedora or two. Younger to middle-age folks in general have seemed to embrace them for their functionality, and I’ve never come across anyone who wasn’t complimentary.

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
I had to officiate a Masonic funeral for a 99 year old Lodge brother. Black suit in 101 heat. I went with the Dobbs straw fedora that I don't particularly love. My daughter couldn't resist the opportunity to get in the shot.

Pardon the dust on the camera lens. And my big fat gut.

IMG_0887.jpg

Mr. Paladin

Mr. Paladin said:
Josh, it is about half the width of my Whippet's binding. I'll measure them for you today and give you the exact widths. Thanks for the props on the Adam. It is one of my favorites.

Josh, sorry I'm slow. I was surprised when I measured the bindings on both to find that you are correct. Both are 3/8 inch, though the Whippet's looks wider unless side by side.

RBH

Bartender
57plymouth said:
I had to officiate a Masonic funeral for a 99 year old Lodge brother. Black suit in 101 heat. I went with the Dobbs straw fedora that I don't particularly love. My daughter couldn't resist the opportunity to get in the shot.

Pardon the dust on the camera lens. And my big fat gut.

IMG_0887.jpg
Nice straw brother ! And a lovely daughter also.:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred