Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Great posts, folks - keep 'em comin'.

-----------------

Thanks for all the 'Happies'! :)

-----------------

Wore a different optimo panama today (not THE Montechristi) but I styled the brim last night in a similar fashion.

DSCN2232.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Lovely Royal Fuzzy

The color is not accurate at all. The felt is a steel gray blue mixed with silver blond. It has an under-welt and it doesn't seem to have been used at all.The sweat shield looks brand new. I reckon it is from the mid to late Fifties.

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0457.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

Sorry for the poor,out of focus pictures.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
The color is not accurate at all. The felt is a steel gray blue mixed with silver blond. It has an under-welt and it doesn't seem to have been used at all.The sweat shield looks brand new. I reckon it is from the mid to late Fifties.

Sorry for the poor,out of focus pictures.

Great hat DOUGLAS! I love the ribbon, its really neat.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Well Gene, Happy Birthday!

DJ, what a great little gift! Children are the best thing to happen to a man (and I like you in a brim better too!)

Today I wore my Adam Executive for a family get-together (to bore all the kids with vacation pictures :D )

AdamExecutive002.jpg

Thats a really cool looking Adam Executive Mr. Paladin. Ive been trying to get my hands on one in my size, but it always seems to slip through my fingers. How wide is the edge binding? As wide as a whippet?

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joshbru3 said:
Thats a really cool looking Adam Executive Mr. Paladin. Ive been trying to get my hands on one in my size, but it always seems to slip through my fingers. How wide is the edge binding? As wide as a whippet?

Josh, it is about half the width of my Whippet's binding. I'll measure them for you today and give you the exact widths. Thanks for the props on the Adam. It is one of my favorites.

Lefty said:
More in the Big Lady thread I'm building in the Steamer Trunk right now.

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

Hey Lefty,

Your wife looks very demure in her straw hat. Where is that Rebel flag? Is that not heresy in Ohio (although I understand there was a faction here during the Recent Unpleasantness)?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
hatophile said:
Hey Lefty,

Your wife looks very demure in her straw hat. Where is that Rebel flag? Is that not heresy in Ohio (although I understand there was a faction here during the Recent Unpleasantness)?

Thanks.

The flag is somewhere on Rt. 422 between Chardon and Ravenna. I'm guessing it's more about being a nut than any real political statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred