Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
Lee Trinity

salstarbucks2.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Thank you Mr. Paladin, Hatophile, Danofarlington, and everyone else for the kind words.

I don’t think I will be getting them when I post what I was wearing earlier today. :eek:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Mr. McFeely I Presume

Genuine US Government Issue Postal Service Pith-Style Helmet, circa 1980’s. :eek:

Had the opportunity to borrow this one off a postal worker for my lawn work this afternoon. With its stylish blue plastic color, its high quality riveted-on adjustable sweatband, and the ability to hold back not just the sun and rain, but heavy objects like hammers and falling bricks, this hat is clearly a work of art.

4822042416_f24c43ee9f.jpg
4822044988_9a7a0442d1_m.jpg

I think the sun must have gotten to me anyway.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Keep a look out for me

B.J. Hedberg said:
I still don’t see many when I get downtown but out in the suburbs I’m starting to see more and more. In fact a fellow working at one of the department stores asked where I picked my hats up from, so that he had a place he could direct folks towards when they inquired.

Mostly large brim crushable “Cabela’s” type hats worn with anything and everything most of the time, but occasionally you’ll see a fedora or two. Younger to middle-age folks in general have seemed to embrace them for their functionality, and I’ve never come across anyone who wasn’t complimentary.

I NEVER go out without a hat. I'm either in a panama Stetson I have, or my moonstone Stylemaster, or my brand new Akubra taupe, fawn Camp Draft (ok, is Camp Draft one word or two. I think on the inside of my hat it is two words, but on the website it's one word).

I live in Apple Valley and I don't get in town much. Sometimes up in St. Paul around Grand Ave and the Cigar store there or at Heimie's Haberdashery.

I have noticed more hats, fedora type or panama type, at the local stores (target catering to the younger crowed, stingy brim, kind of cheap). But, also, I've been noticing more panama hats, stingy brim~kind of like Mad Men type I guess, around on peoples head. The age group that seems to be wearing this type is about 30yo to 45yo, more of a "I'm a dad but still kind-of hip" type.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
My Stetson Panama

I wish I could remember the name! LOL. Gosh! I believe it begins with an "M."

I know, it's crazy I can't remember the name of my hat. Hopefully it will come to me. My wife bought it for me about two years ago. Here is a picture (not a good picture):

15729_101368673232501_100000781072479_32804_261504_n.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
SlyGI said:
I wish I could remember the name! LOL. Gosh! I believe it begins with an "M."

I know, it's crazy I can't remember the name of my hat. Hopefully it will come to me. My wife bought it for me about two years ago. Here is a picture (not a good picture):

15729_101368673232501_100000781072479_32804_261504_n.jpg

No! That's a very good picture! The hat looks great on you. We love seeing people's hats here at FL, don't we? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou