Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Federation IV [Tawny Fawn]

Today, my most pressing errand was a quick trip to the grocery store, so I just grabbed the first hat handy today, my trusty newish Fed IV.

4970925467_d5800cb9ef.jpg

sorry for the scowlish look, I have a killer sinus headache and had just taken 20 or so shots trying to get something decent... haha

Randy

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
theinterchange said:
Today, my most pressing errand was a quick trip to the grocery store, so I just grabbed the first hat handy today, my trusty newish Fed IV.

4970925467_d5800cb9ef.jpg

sorry for the scowlish look, I have a killer sinus headache and had just taken 20 or so shots trying to get something decent... haha

Randy
Sharp! Even with the slight scowl;)

Stratton

I've had this one for a while, it's a traditional Stratton trooper hat w/ Cattleman's crease, but I loved the blue color and the fact that it feels so stiff that it could take anything I throw at it. after quite a bit of steaming, I was able to get the brim down. I like it, but the crown seems awful big, but I can't decide if it's fedora-ish or western-ish. my wife thinks it still looks too much like a trooper hat.

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

Mario

I'll Lock Up
zetwal said:

:p

Come to think of it...I've once (1982 or so) been to some place that looked like a Swiss moutain village, but for the life of me I can't remember where that was. I don't think it was Little Switzerland in NC but I'm not really sure. I think my memory has suffered a lot since then... [huh]

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
:p

Come to think of it...I've once (1982 or so) been to some place that looked like a Swiss moutain village, but for the life of me I can't remember where that was. I don't think it was Little Switzerland in NC but I'm not really sure. I think my memory has suffered a lot since then... [huh]
Wisconsin?
http://www.swisstown.com/

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mossant De Luxe

4971298337_31ae2365a4_z.jpg
4971946356_333b60fe5d.jpg

Not a snap-brim(won't)-- too much curvature in the flanging. Wide-open curve, not at all Homburg style. Elongated triangular crease. Probably Beaver and mid-thin ribbon.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Mario said:
Nope. I just did a little research. It was actually in Helen, White County, Georgia. Makes sense as we were staying with my uncle and aunt in Atlanta at the time.

I've heard about Helen, Georgia before... matter of fact, we once almost took a family vacation there but decided on the Smoky Mountain NP instead. [always a favorite for me!]

Randy

RobFedoraField said:
I've had this one for a while, it's a traditional Stratton trooper hat w/ Cattleman's crease, but I loved the blue color and the fact that it feels so stiff that it could take anything I throw at it. after quite a bit of steaming, I was able to get the brim down. I like it, but the crown seems awful big, but I can't decide if it's fedora-ish or western-ish. my wife thinks it still looks too much like a trooper hat.

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

Rob,

I think the higher crown is good for you. I like that hat, you could fedora-ize
it with a center crease and side dents, then it would look more like a country hat. I like the vent holes, too.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG
It's perfect just like it is.Looks good on you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy