Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Too Many
Straw hats

DarkAudit said:
Thus endeth the career of the $15 Target cheapie. Assuming it's rightful place, a vintage Champ straw:

Picture0019.jpg
Nice hat ¡¡¡ to me, I believe wich the straw hats are special and beautiful, even more, when are hand woven, It looks fine.[huh] [huh]

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Empire State Hats

RobFedoraField said:
Do you know anything about the empire state hat company? info on the lounge is limited (only two posts I can find reference it) I recently picked up a grey fedora that was made by them. It should be here next week I hope

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Mwl9Xrjm0EE/TIWnnLLi0pI/AAAAAAAAG1g/Yf-ZDoT3fwE/Empire.jpg

I don't know anything other than the homburg I have. Mine is very nice, so I believe they were a maker of fine hats. Remember, Empire State Hats Tops 'Em All!

I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Neophyte

DanielJones said:
My Borsalino Grand Prix. I'd say from the mid to late 1940's. Super soft & pliable, but so dense that it makes a great winter hat.

100_5691.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

I really, really like this one! Very nice hat DJ!

How would you describe the color on that one?

Neophyte

theinterchange said:
4974480709_7b43f7c7d8.jpg

My green Mallory complete with puke colored ribbon and binding... I seriously love the color but it's rather grotesque looking.

Randy

Just like when you posted this hat in the Green Machine thread, I like it. I guess I'd have to see it in person, but the images you download make the hat look very nice!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Neophyte said:
Just like when you posted this hat in the Green Machine thread, I like it. I guess I'd have to see it in person, but the images you download make the hat look very nice!

Thank you, sir. I only notice how pukey the ribbon is when I look at it in photos. I'm considering a cleaning and reblock soon. My only drawback would be matching the ribbon/binding color.

Randy

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
My Borsalino Grand Prix. I'd say from the mid to late 1940's. Super soft & pliable, but so dense that it makes a great winter hat.

What a beauty! The hits just keep on comin'...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Mallory Dallas (Premier Quality/Pliafelt) -- without a doubt, one of my favorite lids...

IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/mojohaiku/MalDal.jpg[/IMG]

Nice.
I've been on the look out for pliafelt in my size for a while now. The stuff is hard to come by. The only one I've handled is that lavender size 7 that's still sitting at my local antique mall, mocking me each time I visit.

Neophyte

Need a tie, but I'm satisfied with how Taupe Fawn goes with Burnt Orange, and how the latter goes with brown.

I desperately need a tan lol!

CampdraftDressedUp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy