Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
It's a bit milder today (the frosts have been 'very' heavy of late), so I can get away with a slightly lighter felt Trilby and trenchcoat.

BURBERRYCOAT011.jpg
Is that color accurate? It has an awesome gunblue or steel blue to it!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Marty M.

Vendor
So which hat do you wear on the fourth day?

Technonut, Those are stunning hats. I keep changeing my mind as to which is my favorite.

[Indycop:p.S. Patiently waiting for that MartyMathis.com]
Thanks buddy. Don't forget to ask for the "I wear a uniform" discount. We always give discounts to people who serve our country. Whether they're serving in the Armed Forces, or protecting us here like the Police and Fire Fighters. And to Clergy that are not on TV raising a lot of loot ;) .
Marty Mathis

indycop

I'll Lock Up
:cool: :whistling
Marty M. said:
Technonut, Those are stunning hats. I keep changeing my mind as to which is my favorite.

[Indycop:p.S. Patiently waiting for that MartyMathis.com]
Thanks buddy. Don't forget to ask for the "I wear a uniform" discount. We always give discounts to people who serve our country. Whether they're serving in the Armed Forces, or protecting us here like the Police and Fire Fighters. And to Clergy that are not on TV raising a lot of loot ;) .
Marty Mathis
:cool: :whistling i was searching the net to see if you were making progress on a site and found an interesting article on you from a mn. paper!
Still looking for a vest and now an oliveish french cuff shirt!:rolleyes:

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Marty M. said:
...And to Clergy that are not on TV raising a lot of loot ;) .
Marty, That covers every preacher I know! lol

Paddy, That is one fantastic look you've got going there! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Marty M.

Vendor
Once a rebel.......

indycop said:
:cool: :whistling
:cool: :whistling i was searching the net to see if you were making progress on a site and found an interesting article on you from a mn. paper!
Still looking for a vest and now an oliveish french cuff shirt!:rolleyes:

Ah yes, that must be the article about the old rebel days. You're one of the few cops that I didn't run into in the old days :p . Then again you were probably in Grade School.
You know, that's the beauty of good clothes, you put on a set of spectator wingers and a Beaver lid. A three peice, single breasted striped suit with a ticket pocket, peaked lapels and 12" side vents. A very fine broadcloth shirt with french cuffs and a 3 1/4" narrow spread collar. And lastly a crisp woven tie with a deep dimple centered perfectly.
With an outfit like that, people would never guess that you were anything other then a Silver Spoon Choir Boy. ;)
Marty Mathis

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Marty M. said:
Ah yes, that must be the article about the old rebel days. You're one of the few cops that I didn't run into in the old days :p . Then again you were probably in Grade School.
You know, that's the beauty of good clothes, you put on a set of spectator wingers and a Beaver lid. A three peice, single breasted striped suit with a ticket pocket, peaked lapels and 12" side vents. A very fine broadcloth shirt with french cuffs and a 3 1/4" narrow spread collar. And lastly a crisp woven tie with a deep dimple centered perfectly.
With an outfit like that, people would never guess that you were anything other then a Silver Spoon Choir Boy. ;)
Marty Mathis
Uh, this one was about your business and how you used to go to your clients and send your clients Christmas cards and such! Not your wild one days!lol lol :eek: :D

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gunmetal blue hue to my Fedora.

indycop said:
Is that color accurate? It has an awesome gunblue or steel blue to it!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That's a pretty acurate picture of the true colour of this felt. It has a weathered moss green ribbon to it (that I had diliberated over changing, but, so far it stays...) and is very much one of my current favourites. Thanks for that!;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
That's a pretty acurate picture of the true colour of this felt. It has a weathered moss green ribbon to it (that I had diliberated over changing, but, so far it stays...) and is very much one of my current favourites. Thanks for that!;)
No don't change the ribbon!! The brim shape seems perfect for you and I have not seen a color like that!!!:eusa_clap

Technonut

Practically Family
indycop said:
Wow!! Those are really fantastic looking!!! I really like the brown with the binding!

Thanks indycop... :) The brown Royal Scot is one of my favorites. ;)

Marty M. said:
So which hat do you wear on the fourth day?

Thanks for the compliment Marty M.... :) Hmmmm.. If the fourth day is warm, how about my Art Fawcett "Indy" straw? ;) However, I am wearing it today to play with the bash and brim regardless of the cold rain outside... [huh]

AFASITDY001.jpg

AFASITDY003.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
:eusa_clap
Technonut said:
Thanks indycop... :) Thanks for the compliment Marty M.... :) Hmmmm.. If the fourth day is warm, how about my Art Fawcett "Indy" straw? ;) However, I am wearing it today to play with the bash and brim regardless of the cold rain outside... [huh]
]

Well if it's a warm day, That'll work just fine :eusa_clap .
Marty

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Technonut said:

Thanks for the compliment Marty M.... :) Hmmmm.. If the fourth day is warm, how about my Art Fawcett "Indy" straw? ;) However, I am wearing it today to play with the bash and brim regardless of the cold rain outside... [huh]

AFASITDY001.jpg

AFASITDY003.jpg
Dang! Thats bad!:eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore my 1940s Dobbs Twenty. I recently rebashed it, giving it a more apparent diamond bash than before. 3" brim, 5 1/2 " open crown.
It was unworn and unbashed when I got it.

DSCF1350.jpg

DSCF1351.jpg

Some nice reverse taper.

DSCF1353.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Technonut said:

AFASITDY001.jpg

AFASITDY003.jpg
Nice I may need one of these to go along with my Peters Brothers Indy straw!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Nice I may need one of these to go along with my Peters Brothers Indy straw!
Oh great your killing my wallet!:eusa_doh: I am going to send my panama to peters bros. for blocking next month. I wonder if they could make it like the indy?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou