Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WOW!!! That is good!!! Looks like a fine finish on that one!
Please give us a little more info.

Very nice looking, good color. What I can't figure out is, on some folks like mayserwegener and monbla256, those wide-brim hats look like medium-brim hats. For example, when monbla256 wears the Squatter, it looks like a normal-size hat instead of a wide-brim. Those guys eat up brim sizes like they were nothing. On others, a 2 3/4 brim as I assume that Alessandria is, is a big brim. I don't know what accounts for that.

Well durn, if the Dog Whisperer will join us... we might as well pop a keg.

0015.gif

No telling what Fido will tell him to do between now & then...

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Very nice looking, good color. What I can't figure out is, on some folks like mayserwegener and monbla256, those wide-brim hats look like medium-brim hats. For example, when monbla256 wears the Squatter, it looks like a normal-size hat instead of a wide-brim. Those guys eat up brim sizes like they were nothing. On others, a 2 3/4 brim as I assume that Alessandria is, is a big brim. I don't know what accounts for that.
Speaking for myself, I have a big square head :) I wear a solid 60 cm Akubra and after they have had a couple of good rains, they fit PERFECt ! BTW, that Bushman that I wore today has a 3.25" brim :) And the Squatter's brim is an even 3" :)

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
I thought I would add a few pictures today. Here is my Optimo 1000 in Porcelain White.
Dec072010611.jpg

White coordinates with just about everything.

It sure does. I would never think to wear a hat with a sweatshirt but that one actually goes very well with everything.

DRB

One Too Many
Thank you BJ and Dano. The fact that the hat could go with casual as well as dress is what drew me to it("not very common") and prompted me to pay over $1000.00 for it. Otherwise I NEVER would have considered spending so much money. Word of advise, get 2 of the 500 darker whites. Less worries of stains. This hat is quality all the way. I am glad I have it for special occasions but I am still going to buy me some darker white hats for daily use.

It still remains my favorite hat.

DRB

One Too Many
jlee562 : It is a beautiful site to see a hat in action. Hats are very unappreciated given the amount of usefulness they provide. How about posting a picture of the hat once it has dried out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925