Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsaleeno.

me_and_flw.jpg

In this picture:
FLW, circa 1907
Me, circa mid 1950s
Borso, who the hell knows... Chateau Maurice L. Rothschild for Young-Quinlan... he seems to have imported a lot of Borsalino into the US during the first half of the 20th C.
Very nice combination.
Must be the Darwin Martin House http://www.darwinmartinhouse.org/learn.cfm

Some store images:
ext:
5327524475_4115a288c9_z.jpg
Millinery
5327524405_c0e2dc899c_z.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks - and good ID on the Darwin Martin House. It's about 500 yards from my office - my wife and I were married there years before the current renovation.

And thanks for the pictures of Young-Quinlan... clearly from a time when shopping was a different type of event than it is today.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
vintage Worth Walden pure beaver custom
IMG_8684.jpg

That's the FIRST Worth-Walden I have seen on the Forum !!! YEA !! I have two which were my fathers, both the same as that one! One got full of moth holes but the other is over at Peter Bros. in Ft. Worth getting brought back to life !!! I talked with Mr. Walden last year and he shut down the company the year before and now has retired . I remember going over to Jefferson St. in Dallas when my father got his hats from them. Yor hat looks GREAT !!! :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's the FIRST Worth-Walden I have seen on the Forum !!! YEA !! I have two which were my fathers, both the same as that one! One got full of moth holes but the other is over at Peter Bros. in Ft. Worth getting brought back to life !!! I talked with Mr. Walden last year and he shut down the company the year before and now has retired . I remember going over to Jefferson St. in Dallas when my father got his hats from them. Yor hat looks GREAT !!! :)

They're great hats. This one stacks up favorably to any Stetson 100.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Today my youngest Daughter asked me to take her over to Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven CT so she could take pictures for her Photo class at school.
So off I went to get cold and carry her bags.
LHPinfront.jpg

LHPside.jpg

The water in the background is Long Island Sound AKA the Atlantic Ocean. It was about 23 degrees and windy out there today. On my head is my new Akubra Bluegrass Green Camp Draft.

Jeff

Last edited:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, the crown on your CD is so high!, I wish I hadn't made the teardrop on mine so pronounced, and the dome so high. THAT is how the CD should look :eusa_clap! Well done, Jeff.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Thanks - and good ID on the Darwin Martin House. It's about 500 yards from my office - my wife and I were married there years before the current renovation.

And thanks for the pictures of Young-Quinlan... clearly from a time when shopping was a different type of event than it is today.
At first I thought you were in front of the Wright house on Soldier's Circle - my neck of the woods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen