Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Valley Field & Stream...

NV-2.jpg

That lid allows for some cheating Chief!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
The Bone should have enough tan in it to go with brown based tweed/herringbone/houndstooth jacket & the grey/silver ribbon should do same for black/grey based ones...

Thank you, sir! I suspected as much, but it's good to have the opinions of people who know more about this stuff than I do. I just recently broke out of the "throw-on-whatever's-next-in-the-closet" line of thinking, and am only recently beginning to pay a bit more attention to my appearance.

That lid allows for some cheating Chief!

Hey GTDean, quick question: Would Jimmy's Field&Stream possibly be the inspiration for your Field&Stream Tribute hat?

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
Hey RLK, how many hats do you own? I am astonished at the depth and the quality of your collection! This Optimo is very nice.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey RLK, how many hats do you own? I am astonished at the depth and the quality of your collection! This Optimo is very nice.

Yes, it's very nice, and modern. It's not the kind of hat you see much of on the street, and so it's somewhat daring. Seeing more of those out there pushes the boundaries of what is good in the eyes of the public, which gives more space to those trying out other styles. I definitely think its coolness is increased by the narrow ribbon.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Yes, it's very nice, and modern. It's not the kind of hat you see much of on the street, and so it's somewhat daring. Seeing more of those out there pushes the boundaries of what is good in the eyes of the public, which gives more space to those trying out other styles. I definitely think its coolness is increased by the narrow ribbon.
Thank you.

What's old is new again...
5357017141_e2e7b152ce.jpg
5357029585_4c769af3be_z.jpg

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Just for you, Dan... but I spare you the color pic. This is a nice old twenties Stetson which I'll post about more later. It does look better on the table than on my head!

20s_bowler.jpg

Thanks Alan, that made my day!:D
Yeah, that hat needs your great topcoat and scarf combination. Something with a taller collar too. Dig on the bowler, post a shot of it and the liner in the bowler & derby thread for sure.

Cheers!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails