Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Jlee! I should say the same of your hats as well. Don't you own a black VS? If so, I planned on having my first VS designed similar to yours.

No VS hats in my collection yet, I do own this black Penman though:
DSC06157.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No VS hats in my collection yet, I do own this black Penman though:
DSC06157.jpg

My mistake, but that's the one I was thinking of :). How do you like it by the way...now that VS and Penman hats are about the same cost, I may give Penman a call in the future.

Last edited:

Neophyte

Thanks Big_e and Monbla! I definitely won't be jacking with this one lol. Like I said before, in my eyes this one is my only proper dress hat.

Dinerman, you rock. Hard. :)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Same outfit as my last submission, but not horrendously overexposed :). I apologize for the giant pic, I'm having some unfortunate computer troubles...

fb5bd6f7.jpg

Great fedora! I think the matching ribbon and bound edge, along with that color (is it light grey, or tan?) looks sharp. What's the crown height and brim width on this one? I think this is one of the coolest hats you have in your collection. Buckeroo Hatters did a fine job making this hat.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
what a great thread!
delectans-- what kind of sadists are we, having grown up in Southern California and living in two of the coldest places in the country?:)

lol Yeah, when we first moved to MN nearly sixteen years ago my wife, who also grew up in So. Cal, was NOT amused by the weather. Our son was born here four months after we arrived, and though this Winter has been particularly long and cold, we LOVE Minnesota and would not want to live anywhere else. It is HOME :)

This pic of me in my Stetson Playboy might fit in this thread...

An outstanding picture, Mike, I love it! :eusa_clap You really look like you are enjoying the hat and the the opportunity to mug for the camera outside of your 'usual' locale. :D

Neophyte

Thank you very much, The Good :).

It is one of the Major's "Moorelite" lightweight felts.
The color is Bone, which I find hard to describe. Under sunlit conditions it appears light grey/white. Under indoor lighting it has the appearance of milk (maybe skim milk?).
The crease is a C-crown, 4.5'' at the front, 4'' at the back. The brim width is 2.25''.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Qualita Speciale

Opening night of 'La Traviata' at the Ordway in St. Paul last night. In thinking about which hat to wear to Giussepe Verdi's tragically beautiful operatic masterpiece, it became apparent that it could only be a Borsalino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot