Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the remainder of the week off to spend time with Lydia and our son Ryan on his Spring Break. We will be heading up to the Northshore of Lake Superior tomorrow, but today, I wore my Cavanagh Homburg to the Schubert Club Courtroom Concert at the Landmark Center in St. Paul.

Additional photos of the hat in the Cavanagh Club thread.

Wow, that is one cool hat. I love the contrasting colors.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
No April Fools I'm afraid. We seem to have 4 or 5 inches of snow so far. Less than forecast but more than enough for me!

Roll on spring!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Took a few days off to spend with Lydia and our son Ryan during his Spring Break. We are driving up to the Northshore of Lake Superior today to say our goodbyes to a long, snowy Winter and welcome in the budding Spring.

Yesterday, however, we knocked about the Twin Cities, and I was able to wear my early Cavanagh Homburg to the Schubert Club's Courtroom Concert at the Landmark Center in St. Paul.

At the risk of over-saturating the forum with my hat I am posting to the thread before we hit the road this morning, so please pardon my indulgence!

The LandmarkCenter, home of the Schubert Club. Built in 1902, it is a pink granite, Romanesque Revival gem.

The pink granite ashlar facade of the Landmark Center contrasted against navy blue fur felt and burgundy grosgrain.

The Landmark Center originally served as a Federal Courthouse and Post Office, and it was here that John Dillinger's girlfriend Evelyn Frechette was tried.

The main courtroom of the Frechette trial, now a grand space for music, and home for the Schubert Club's aptly named Courtroom Concert series.

On the third floor ballustrade overlooking the grand courtyard.

Corner detail. Note skylight above.

The courtyard is bathed in natural light.

A marvel of carved oak, mahogany, marble, and glass.

View from the Landmark across the street to the Hamm Building, home of our favorite restaurant, with Heimie's Haberdashery conveniently located next door.

Final picture outside before heading over to the violin shop.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You are making me completely rethink the homburg thing. This looks fantastic, the whole business.

facavapplandmark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred