Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stetson Motor

someone turned on the sun!

050511_2.jpg

050511_1.jpg

050511_3.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day Loungers!

Staratoliner.jpg

The above pic is mocked off the contemplative shots I have recently seen on the forum. I am afraid that I need to look serious and less smirking.:D

I would like to share with you my "older" Royal Stetson Statoliner. Seriousely a fine hat to wear. Man it is of the "right weight," right shape for my noggin. Very comfortable hat. I see that it needs a clean, but I have been busy wearing it over the past few days. It has some dirt on it that shows off the bash that it's previous owner enjoyed. I need to clean it - suggestions are welcome. My gut reaction is to send this vintage off to a top notch proffesional, as I can easily see it getting a lot more wear time at my house.

Exploring hat size and shapes to see which one sticks, Eric -

scooter

Practically Family
Eric, I envy you, that's a fine looking lid. I've been looking for a Stratoliner and can't seem to hit the jackpot. All in good time, I suppose!

Alan, the sun has been turned on here for a good while. Come on out! Oh, and you can leave the jacket at home!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Looks like a fine day to go for a drive in "The Motor". That is one of my favorite hats of yours. Thanks for your kind words as well!

Eric: The Strat really looks great on you. If it is not too dirty I would use nothing more than steam and distilled water to clean. Less is more when it comes to vintage felt, I believe.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Dano, Seth, Scooter; Thanks for taking a gander and the comments. I read the forum for a good month finding out about Strat's before starting a search for a quality, correct sized one. I am very happy with this hat.

Since I am still a bit self concious when wearing my fedoras out and about I appreciate your comments. I had to grocery shop on my way to the gym today and I caught the check-out clerk looking at my hat as she was speaking to me. Funny how she could not look me in the eye when speaking to me. I did get positive comments from 2 very pretty, styling shoppers in the baked goods section. Anywhoooo, thanks fellows.

Delectans; Thanks for the cleaning advise. Can I presume that the steam loosens the dirt particles and the sponge can remove them. I was reading the ingredient list on Scout's Cleaner (white for this hat) and see some potential questions.

Eric -

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Eric: The Strat really looks great on you. If it is not too dirty I would use nothing more than steam and distilled water to clean. Less is more when it comes to vintage felt, I believe.
I agree Eric, but make sure you give it a good brushing before you hit it with steam or water.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dano, Seth, Scooter; Thanks for taking a gander and the comments. I read the forum for a good month finding out about Strat's before starting a search for a quality, correct sized one. I am very happy with this hat.

Since I am still a bit self concious when wearing my fedoras out and about I appreciate your comments. I had to grocery shop on my way to the gym today and I caught the check-out clerk looking at my hat as she was speaking to me. Funny how she could not look me in the eye when speaking to me. I did get positive comments from 2 very pretty, styling shoppers in the baked goods section. Anywhoooo, thanks fellows.

Delectans; Thanks for the cleaning advise. Can I presume that the steam loosens the dirt particles and the sponge can remove them. I was reading the ingredient list on Scout's Cleaner (white for this hat) and see some potential questions.

Eric -

Good luck getting used to them. As far as I'm concerned, confidence comes from mirror time, narcissitic as that may sound. If you are convinced that the hat works on you with at least one clothes combination, then it should work out on the street. And vice versa. If you're convinced, it'll work.

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
I'm to the point in my hat wearing that I'm not self-conscious about wearing the hat - just the color & style combo of the hat with my clothes.

I've received a few comments about my hats - all positive. To be honest, I think a lot of guys really want to wear a hat other than a ball cap, but just lack the confidence to do it.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I agree Eric, but make sure you give it a good brushing before you hit it with steam or water.

Agree with Mike on this. Always brush first to remove as much superficial dust and dirt as possible, then apply steam/distilled water if needed. A good brushing can achieve more than you may think possible.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I got out of the city today. We went horse back riding and did a little target shooting. I got to wear my belly nutria. I'm thinking 1930s (or possibly 20s). A superb hat.

ea88996b-1-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou