Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to me via RobStC (arrived today): 1920's Austro-Germanic (...:rolleyes:) long hair fedora 'Eleganter Sporthut'. I will post some more detailed photos of the hat over the next few days.

Thank you once more, Rob! :D

Mario, Super! As you know I am slightly partial towards those type of finishes. :)

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Optimo Montecristi

At the Edina Art Fair, the first art show of the season here in Minnesota, on a gorgeous day.

In the background, one of our favorite old theaters in the Twin Cities, the circa 1930s Edina Cinema.

Discussing some fine points of highland Peruvian tapestry weaving. There is a fascinating parallel between Andean weavers from Ayacucho and the paja toquilla weavers from Pile/Montecristi, Ecuador. Weaving on the treadle loom that he built himself is Andean Master Weaver Wilbur Quispe.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Leghorn(?) from Cleveland

A large step down in weaving.
5799666451_a7f1a34eba_z.jpg
5799670643_b437421838_z.jpg

One Too Many

At the Edina Art Fair, the first art show of the season here in Minnesota, on a gorgeous day.[/B

In the background, one of our favorite old theaters in the Twin Cities, the circa 1930s Edina Cinema.

Discussing some fine points of highland Peruvian tapestry weaving. There is a fascinating parallel between Andean weavers from Ayacucho and the paja toquilla weavers from Pile/Montecristi, Ecuador. Weaving on the treadle loom that he built himself is Andean Master Weaver Wilbur Quispe.

Nice and cool hat, I like it ¡¡¡

Alex

Practically Family
0413011503.jpg

So I wore this blue Carlton Club since it's super warm and nice out. I was walking through Target and this older gentleman was standing by the store scooter he was riding. He was wearing a sweet dark grey milan. He saluted me as I walked by.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
By the way, Al, congrats on reaching hat mecca! It's a looooong way off for me. That Optimo Montecristi looks awesome. I'm curious-- were you able to take a look in person at some of his straw rolled brims? The few pictured on the website look tight and pristine, but I never can get a true read from those isolated marketing photos glowing on my monitor.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Nice, relaxed shots, Bowlerman.

We decided to visit the zoo today.
DSC_0032-1.jpg

The standard Akron Zoo photo.
DSC_0292.jpg

It's almost like The Never Ending Story. almost
DSC_0276-1.jpg

Peanut butter fish are sorely under represented in Akron.
DSC_0176-1.jpg

DSC_0154-1-1.jpg

The new carousel is all hand-carved wood, and made in Mansfield, Ohio.
DSC_0101.jpg

For some, inexplicable reason, I couldn't stop thinking about Jeff Goldblum.
DSC_0252-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183