Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Photog

New in Town
Nice day for this in the great Midwest!!

marco1.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Snazzy Charcoal Grey Stetson for this evening!

I wish to share my snazzy charcoal grey Stetson fedora today.

Photo%20on%202011-06-25%20at%2011.59%202.jpg

I am at our MN cabin this afternoon. Summer weather means highs of 78' with temps in the 60's or high 50's later this evening. Cooler weather hat will work for this evening. We have been invited to a fancier dinner in a distant (30 mile) vacation town. In prep I have taken some time to steam and brush my newer Stetson.

Photo%20on%202011-06-25%20at%2012.01.jpg

Ejbhats, Eric, had made this hat available for me to acquire from him earlier this summer. When I opened the box sent by Eric, the style, ribbon and color just leaped at my eyes. "I could wear this easily," I said. Hence I will easily wear this evening with a blazer and summer weight dress grays this evening. A lightly colored patterned shirt, and the Stetson will idenitify me as a "snazzy summer man of style." I am stealing the phrase. This is the phrase that the neighbors, the cabin down the lake, called me when they visited for coffee and treats this morning and got to see me prep the hat. Thanks Ejbhats-Eric! The hat has found a home and a hat wearer to showcase this beauty.

Photo%20on%202011-06-25%20at%2012.02%202.jpg

I've said before, but it needs repeating...Eric knows hats. This is a grand hat! I have seen other examples of the ribbon treatment, but do not recall the name of the hat, nor the approximate era. I know it is an oldy as the felt is truly fun to steam, looks rich and has texture, but the knap lays smooth. The leather sweatband shows that it has been used, but gently. A small bit of puckered wear I was able to smooth out this morning with some leather treatment. I admit that I tend to the retentive side and took out the liner and gently washed it with Woollite. It went back with a minimum of effort. Taking care of the hat gives me a sense of satisfaction. It is like taking time to hand polish your shoes before an occasion.

I am using dial-up and have reduced the quality of the pics and I hope that I am able to share this special hat. Thanks Eric and of course you Fedora Lounge folks for letting me share.

“Snazzy summer man” Eric -

Last edited:

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Today it was my glenburnie Supreme. It has no liner and I had to install a hat band. It's a nice hat and I refer to it as my beater although it really is in better shape than a beater. It has a straight crown and nice felt.
barrister.jpg

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars
rlk you really have an eclectic hat collection. I used to think I was a bit weird for collecting hats but after joining FL I realise I'm just part of a large number of gentlemen with good taste.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Resistol 'Cutter Bill' Beaver 50 - in the West

Here are some pics of the Resistol 'Cutter Bill' Beaver 50 in action -

Yosemite National Park:
062011068.jpg

062011107.jpg

With punkin-ators Emma & Hannah:
062011119.jpg

With my better half, Jo Ellen, from Glacier Point:
062011066.jpg

Sequoias, both Mariposa Grove in Yosemite and Grant Grove in Kings Canyon (and with various punkin-ators)
062011046.jpg

062011048.jpg

Daughter Sherri holding her niece Marissa, punkin-ators Emma & Hannah on my knees-
062011051.jpg

'splain'n the name of one giant sequoia to Sherri-
062211133.jpg

At the Children's Museum in Oakhurst:
062311082.jpg

'splain'n about the Beaver's under-belly fur used for hat making to Emma:
062311088.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hey Justin, wouldya believe I have a mens' seersucker suit?? My (now) ex didn't take it with when we went our separate ways, so its in my walk-in closet along with all the vintage clothes. Its a modern one From Nordstrom Rack, never worn but now too big for him, and his interest in it -for wearing to our local Art Deco Society's Gatsby event- is no longer there. Lemme look at what size it is and I'll get back to ya.

He has a vintage boater too.

Love boaters, just wish I had something to wear with one. Need to find me a seersucker suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner