Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing ranch chores the last couple of days in between the rain storms & during some of the lighter ones...
Akubra Cattleman...now with chin strap attached...
Photo-0093.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
wearing my new falcon park hattery lid today. What a pleasure it has been working with Parker on this hat! Probably the nicest hat I own.

upright22.jpg

Hey bMan - the Falcon Park hat just looks great on you. I'm sure you are going to get an awful lot of enjoyment from wearing it!

Cold, grey and damp here in NH today - had me reaching for the Campdraft this morning.

photo-75-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Bowlerman love your hat too. I don't have a pure white hat yet. It has a telescoped top, and I don't know it you can tell from the picture it has a bound edge that matches the band.

Jeff

That's a really neat hat. sounds perfect for your weather, too. Mine is a warm white-beige (bone, to be exact), not a pure bleach. Careful not to leave Daisy the Baby with Zanny the Nanny!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Great photos as always... I love how Wilbur has woven you into this story.

Thanks, Alan! That is what I thought as well...wait, you DO mean the hatted figure in the tree and not the monkey, right? lol

Beautiful weavings by Wilbur. You're fortunate to own such artwork. Thanks for sharing the links, images, and photos, Delectans!

Many thanks, randooch, we are indeed fortunate!

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
I am not the least bit jealous of your panama hat...

You see, I try to convince myself of that, but it isn't working :-S

That panama hat looks so nice!!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I wore this Open Road on a hike, it's modern.

Photoon2011-06-24at19486.jpg

The hat in the background is actually my new Sunbody hat I got a few days ago. It's a good hat, durable, tough, pretty nice looking, and protective in the sun.

Edward

Bartender
Love boaters, just wish I had something to wear with one. Need to find me a seersucker suit!

After years of not thinking I could pull one off, I'm a relatively recent convert myself. They go great with a lot of looks, IMO - not only seersucker, but also linen, cottons, boating blazers.... I'm a big fan of the look with a white DJ for black tie in the Summer months, very 30s.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Jantjeuh: Thank you! I am humbled and flattered by your kind words! :eek:

Justin: Seeing Wilbur in the process of creating his art, and understanding the roots of that art from a world away, was a privilege. I appreciate your comments very much!

Dan: Thank you for your very kind words!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great colors on that hat, DJH.

Thanks Derek. As it happens, Mr Fawcett originally made this hat for someone else so I can't take any credit for the colour choices.

Having said that, I don't remember ever seeing a VS hat where the colours didn't work well together.

Today I find myself at Hampton Beach, NH but stranded in my car during a very nasty thunderstorm. Nice day for the Campdraft.

smugshot9259032.jpg

Enjoy the weekend!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch