Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats, folks! rlk, you really rock the western look, turquoise and all. T-Rick, you make me want to try out some higher crowns. Chanteuse, looking cool cool cool by the pool. Alan, that hat looks downright creamy! Perfect shirt to go with it, too. Your silkscreen dude is impressive; I'd be crosseyed in a day or two with that jewelry. Reminds me of Steve Martin's "Optigrab" invention . . . :)

JAVIER

Practically Family
2828507520106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

San Jose, Ca. one of the beautiful cities in USA, to me ¡¡¡¡:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Bien tremendo! Really cool looking Panama, looks like you had a blast.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
looking GOOD in your Panama 1507....! Been HOT the last couple of days here in San Jose. Cooler and windy up by SF. Just went over the Bay Bridge myself last week, to head out to Placerville for three days. Spent time each day in the POOL! Love being in the swimming pool myself (at my local YMCA) this time of year. SwimbabyWaterbabyMe, picture taken last June poolside wearing one of my favourite Vintage-inspired hats:
06272010IMG_5063cropped.jpg

Cool cC. Love that mega bow on your hat. Don't let TonyB see it or he'll want to put one that size on my next hat :D

Here's a photo in my sikscreen studio with our master printer, Brian.

062211_2.jpg

Nice shot Alan. You need to get Brian fixed up with one of your hats.

Cold and wet in New Hampshire today. I'm still happy though - hanging with my Silverbelly VS

187-L.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I spoke with Mr Paladin this afternoon.
He is doing well but has been bogged down at work.
He hopes by August things will be better.
Good to talk to you Mr P and I look forward to some fine thin ribbons come fall!

Thanks for the update, R. Been missing Mr. P's posts for quite a while. Glad to hear he's doing well.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Man, I miss The Bay Area...
Lots of geat hats this week, everyone.
ChanteuseCarey: cool shot! When you say "vintage inspired" do you mean it was production line or custom? (By the way I don't know a ton about Katherine Whitehorn, but my sister showed me her quote and I loved it.)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
cool milan-- is it telescoped or flat top?

wearing my new falcon park hattery lid today. What a pleasure it has been working with Parker on this hat! Probably the nicest hat I own.

upright22.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Of Wool And Toquilla

Scarcely a week on from Memorial Day, and the first major art show of the Summer was upon us. The Edina Art Fair has traditionally kicked off the Summer for us in Minnesota. In the background, the marquee of one of our favorite old theaters, Edina Cinema.

The weather, always unpredictable, was glorious with brilliant sunshine. Optimo Montecristi. The 3-1/8" brim of my hat provided welcome shade.

Beautiful Whippet, but alas not of the millinery variety.

We always look forward to seeing our old artist friends and their work. It gets a bit warm under the canopy, here at the booth of Bob Brocken with his ceramic fish.

Mother Nature's artwork. Lilacs in bloom.

Andean master weaver Wilbur Quispe at work with the loom of his own making.

Watching Wilbur weave, I could not help but admire his speed and precision. He does not use a pattern, but rather weaves the complex designs from visualization and memory.

The sheep wool yarn is hand dyed, using plant materials and cochineal he collected himself.

Discussing some fine points of Andean weaving with Melanie Ebertz. Melanie's Art Andes has played a crucial role in helping to preserve traditional Andean highland textile arts. Every June and July for the past few years Melanie has brought Wilbur to Minnesota to share his artistry with an appreciative audience.

One of Wilbur's 'story rug' tapestries. Remarkably vibrant hues achieved without the benefit of aniline dyes.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

'Story rug' depicting Wilbur's native village near Ayacucho, Peru, in the Andean highlands. We could sense a bit of sadness as Wilbur took down the 'story rug' we purchased. This tapestry is one of Wilbur's personal works, and not a commission work from Melanie, and so 100% of the sale will return to Peru with Wilbur.

Profile study of Wilbur. We look forward to visiting Wilbur at his home in the Andes in the not too distant future. In understanding the current state of Andean highland weaving we were all struck by the remarkable parallels between the weavers of Ayacucho, Peru and the toquilla weavers of Pile/Las Pampas/Montecristi, Ecuador.

If only we could arrange to invite over some master weavers from Manabi province, Ecuador, to share their stories and endangered art with a larger audience...

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Left the house this morning in my OR, but then the new Strat arrived so it'll be the lid for the rest of the day. Buttery soft felt, and takes a dry bash sooooo easy.

5864277036_0ba4e674d3_z.jpg

Thanks again Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points