Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Excellent! These are some of the best location pics I've ever seen here!

Thanks! It was one of those classic Himalayan swinging bridges in Himalachal Pradesh. Man that bridge moved when we were on it!

T Rick

Practically Family
Right. All of us here are heavilly balding guys who seek only to hide that fact by wearing hats...right! [huh]:rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Every now and then there are some really strange fellows turning up here. Come to think of it - there seem to be more and more of them... :mad:
The price paid when a Forum is growing in traffic and popularity I'm afraid. Fortunately, when run correctly as this one is, the good will generally FAR outweigh the bad.

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Blackthorn,
That is right. Its one of the hill/mountain states in the Northwest along with Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir. Really a beautiful area.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn,
That is right. Its one of the hill/mountain states in the Northwest along with Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir. Really a beautiful area.
If you don't mind me asking, Chasseur (I love to travel) were you on tourist kind of tour, or visiting friends who live there? I'd love to see that high county for myself. I was in India a few years ago, but only Delhi and Agra, and the roads in between.

Last edited:

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars
Brimmed lids of any type, and caps too! Tagline of the Hat Section: If a guy doesn't have a lid, he isn't worth talking about. lol

I'll probably get some flack for this but, as well as my collection of classic hats, I also have quite a collection of New Era baseball caps, about 60. My hat collection covers a variety of types of headwear but I'm not sure many people would appreciate photos of baseball caps ;)

DJH: Nice lid, the proportions suit you.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
New Stetson 15 this morning.

smugshot9263950-X3.jpg

That is a stellar Stetson, David!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
DJH: Nice lid, the proportions suit you.
VERY nice hat! :eusa_clap Looks great on you.
That is one smooth looking lid.
Agreed, Dave. You have got some very nice vintages to go with your customs.
That is a stellar Stetson, David!

Thanks so much guys. I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to acquire what is basically a brand new, early 50's hat.

I'm getting to like this vintage thing!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Panama straw

I work in Cleveland. Mike the Hatter is located just around the corner from my office.

Below is my Capas Panama. I know I could have purchased a better hat for less money from many of the internet vendors. And next summer I certainly will. But as I am new to wearing fedoras, it is helpful to try on several hats prior to purchasing.

panamastraw-2.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Blackthorn,

Not a problem. I am normally based in Delhi on these trips doing work/research and then organize side trips on the weekend. I was with friends, they did the driving up from Delhi and we split the petrol cost. However, we almost went with a tour bus company from Delhi but in the end we planned the trip too late to find a bus that worked with our tight time table. But from Delhi the tours we found were pretty reasonable for A/C bus, a couple of hotel nights, to most of the Northwest hill stations (Shimla, Manali, etc.).

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn,

Not a problem. I am normally based in Delhi on these trips doing work/research and then organize side trips on the weekend. I was with friends, they did the driving up from Delhi and we split the petrol cost. However, we almost went with a tour bus company from Delhi but in the end we planned the trip too late to find a bus that worked with our tight time table. But from Delhi the tours we found were pretty reasonable for A/C bus, a couple of hotel nights, to most of the Northwest hill stations (Shimla, Manali, etc.).
Thanks Chasseur, if I get a chance to go back to Delhi, I'll be in touch to get tips on how to get to where you were. Thanks again for the cool pictures!

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars

It was past nine in the evening by race end, and we hurried over to one of our old favorites, Luci Ancora. The restaurant had cleared out by then, and so we enjoyed a leisurely, private supper.

Ivory Salmon, served with oyster mushrooms in a truffle sauce. A wonderful way to end the evening.

Great hat and shirt. At this point, I know even less about clothing than I do hats. Is that shirt retro or something I might be able to buy from a retailer? I've got to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points