Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
VS with side dent morning -

Good morning. 18'F temps when the dogs and I left the door this morning. The local, city deer, birds, dogs and I were the only creatures out on the trail this morning. Our footprints in the dew on the grass nailed this fact during our trip thru the forest reserve. Soon all creatures, human and animals will get used to the weather and they will be out in bigger numbers. Wamrer jacket and VS kept me toasty.

Got up early and made time to steam in side dents into my VS fedora.

Photo-on-2011-11-17-at-0941-M.jpg

Photo-on-2011-11-17-at-0942-M.jpg

Used to the cool weather. Loving the new season, Eric -

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Good morning. 18'F temps when the dogs and I left the door this morning. The local, city deer, birds, dogs and I were the only creatures out on the trail this morning. Our footprints in the dew on the grass nailed this fact during our trip thru the forest reserve. Soon all creatures, human and animals will get used to the weather and they will be out in bigger numbers. Wamrer jacket and VS kept me toasty.

Got up early and made time to steam in side dents into my VS fedora.

Used to the cool weather. Loving the new season, Eric -
The side dents look smashing. Nice job.

scooter

Practically Family
I much prefer your "copperpot" creased, Coble. But hats are like women, it doesn't matter if I think she's beautiful, as long as you do.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
David, Mike... two very dramatic bows to start the day.

I am completely bowless in this old tweed hat.
The seller (seemed knowledgable) quoted 1920s. I had to add almost an inch in circumference to wear it. With a good soaking, the old wool, muslin and leather were surprisingly compliant.

irishtweed.jpg

EXCELLENT!!!! That's a great look, Alan!! I was looking at that hat and the velour but didn't pull the trigger. Its extremely rare to find an early 20th century fabric hat of any sort for some reason. I have seen examples of other hats with that style of size tags that date to the 1890's/Early 1900's. I'm thinking it might pre-date the 20's by at least a decade or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff