Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al, Thanks! Great series of hats and photos! I especially liked the pinch work on the Caxton Beaver Twenty.

Alan, Aureliano, Zetwal, DavidRaphael, GTD48, SBG, Fantastic as usual!

Last edited:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Today, zephyr weight Stetson Playboy.

f5826049-1-1-1-1.jpg

That's a great looking Playboy. :eusa_clap

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Having had the pleasure to see it up close, I know why it's a favorite. Beautiful.

Actually, this isn't the same PB that you saw when we had lunch together. That was a "regular" PB, this one is a zephyr weight (and probably a little older). The two hats are similar (and I love them both). But they're not identical.

Thanks just the same, alanfgag, for the thumbs up. And thanks to you too, JtL.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wow. This is my first early winter season as a member on the Fedora Forum and I must say each day I open this thread and see so many eye opening hats and folks proudly wearing them.

I am impressed today. Truly too many to name, but I am stunned and find myself going thru them again. Jeepers, I did not even imagine such handsome hats existed and were worn with such panache.

My humble hat is tipped to all the posters today!

Cheers from snow land in Minnesota, USA, Eric -

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Wow. This is my first early winter season as a member on the Fedora Forum and I must say each day I open this thread and see so many eye opening hats and folks proudly wearing them.

First winter as a Lounger?! That's exciting. A change of season always brings things out. And felt is doubly delightful in the cold.

BR Gordon

One Too Many

I am impressed today. Truly too many to name, but I am stunned and find myself going thru them again. Jeepers, I did not even imagine such handsome hats existed and were worn with such panache.

My humble hat is tipped to all the posters today!

Cheers from snow land in Minnesota, USA, Eric -

I couldn't agree more with what Eric said, except "from snow land in Minnesota"

BR

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yep, the quality here is just getting amazingly high, I always enjoy browsing this thread.

Here's a very early Tumwater Tuesday contribution from me:

IMG2648-L.jpg

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
I was looking through some photos, and decided this one was worthy of the lounge.
ot02.jpeg

Not sure a fedora can get a lot more 'afield' than this. It is on top of Mt Ossa, highest mountain in Tasmania 41°52′15.69″S 146°02′0.04″E
It is my Akubra Stylemaster, which has lived a hard life but has served me well so now I reward it with long walks.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I was looking through some photos, and decided this one was worthy of the lounge.
ot02.jpeg

Not sure a fedora can get a lot more 'afield' than this. It is on top of Mt Ossa, highest mountain in Tasmania 41°52′15.69″S 146°02′0.04″E
It is my Akubra Stylemaster, which has lived a hard life but has served me well so now I reward it with long walks.
Excellent, ADHD!!!!

Just curious...how many years have you been wearing that particular Stylemaster? I'm always curious about the longevity of rabbit vs beaver. I have 2 Stylemasters myself, but I only got into hat wearing 2 years ago.

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
Excellent, ADHD!!!!

Just curious...how many years have you been wearing that particular Stylemaster? I'm always curious about the longevity of rabbit vs beaver. I have 2 Stylemasters myself, but I only got into hat wearing 2 years ago.

That particular hat is about four years old, for about two yeas it was my every day hat, so it saw a lot of use. Standing on the sidelines of the rugby in the rain, that sort of thing. Since then, it has walked the Overland Trail, some of the Larapinta Trail, been ridden hard and put up wet. So far, the only real wear it is showing is a bit of thinning at the pinch (yes, I know I shouldn't pick it up that way) and a bit of fading.
I only have one old beaver lid and it is a western, I suspect the difference between the Stylemaster and the Westerns is more to do with the thickness of the felt than the type of felt but I can't really back that up with facts (other than to say my Old Akubra western style hats take one hell of a beating and steam back into shape easily).

Another Stylemaster story, I recently picked an Acorn one up for my son (10 years old and wears Akubras to school). I was in a local op-shop when they were unpacking donations. This poor hat was flattened (sideways) at the bottom of the crate. They let me have it for $2 and it took me 10 minutes with some steam to have it back in shape and it has now replaced an old Whippet he had just grown out of. No idea of the age, I'd say less than five years as it has a square size label rather than the older round ones. But it has obviously been badly treated and is standing up to the abuse of a 10 year old boy without complaining.

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
Outstanding photo! Hope you have more to share with us.
lets see if these work.
First more of Tasmania...
This was the walk up to that first photo
232323232%7Ffp733%3A4%3Enu%3D3358%3E779%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B8%3B4%3B792337nu0mrj

this was day 1 (of 8)
232323232%7Ffp733%3A%3A%3Enu%3D3358%3E779%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B8%3B33435337nu0mrj

And one on the Larapinta:
232323232%7Ffp633%3A9%3Enu%3D3358%3E779%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B334%3B%3B%3A4337nu0mrj

The boy is wearing an Akubra Airstream and my eldest has a an Akubra Shorthorn (while middle child dislikes hats, so wears a bucket hat).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points