Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tealseal

A-List Customer
Tawny fawn Fed IV - currently my only hat, so I've tried to bash it in a way that gives it a dressy profile, but maintains casual ruggedness...if that makes sense. Taken with iPhone.

imageett.jpg

Perry, B-Man; That is a hat!

My immigrant relatives wore hats similar for their daily herding duties. We have nearly 100 year old family dress clothes with a hat like in this pic;

image.php

Felt peaked "dress" hats(in felt, with wool liner, with fur liners) like this pic;

20101223145616197.jpg

Like most I am proud of my heritage. I only know of the hats I have seen via family or on my infrequent visits. Perhaps some FF Loungers from existing Lapland will chime in as to modern Lap fashions.

I just can not see myself toodling around the MPLS/St.Paul or upper Midwest USA wearing such headgear. I think of myself as an independent fellow, but I would feel uncomfortable being sooo differently hatted. Heavens my wife, sometimes looks upon certain of my fedoras with a wrinkled brow.

A hat for every occasion - the beginnings and rationale for starting an enormous hat collection! I do not have a reindeer herding hat that fits yet!
Eric -

Your ancestors were Sami herders? Very cool!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
You'll love it, Josh. It's amazing.

For your location, Josh, I'm surprised you're not there every weekend!

Well I've been there once with Alan in the summer of this year. I was really amazed with Grahams setup and how beautiful his store is. I was also amazed that I was able to hold a $10,000 panama straw hat. I did find that his already made hats had crowns with a good amount of taper and were too short. I realize that he could make any type of hat for me, but I would have liked to see some 52 crowns in my size to try on. I was amazed with the types of felt that he has though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou