Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohei

Familiar Face
Knox twenty

Wow! I missed a lot of great hats!

Neo, your painted hat gave my wife(artist) some inspiration... now I must hide everything! Very unique hat!

Robert, Your Fléchet was quite impressive as was today's optimo (love that ribbon on that one too) but what is most impressive is that you have something to go with most everything you post and it always looks good!

John, that is one sharp hat! that and the many thin ribbons (Stratoliner etc)look so good on you all I may have to look into one (quietly ;)) myself!

bowlerman my opinion is of little value or weight but I would like to chime in on putting that Dobbs in the keep pile, looks natural on you.

jbucklin love colour of that Borsalino in your second picture!!

Douglas Beautiful lid and much like Robert you always have the right threads on to compliment!

Alan Sharp!

For the record though it was a lovey dark brown Dobbs twenty, wide ribbon, 1 7/8" brim, guild edge (thank you Mike!) and it got me a bit of heat, as a couple of fine upstanding ladies honked at me as I passed their car getting in to the van. The wife said the were probably honking to keep the nut job with the hat away!

Anywho Too many nice lids to keep up with and comment on... All just amaze me and clearly indicate... I have lots to learn (ergo lots more reasons to acquire more hats!).

Today its a lovely Knox twenty (thank you mattface!)
Apologies on the bad pic again, I am going to start using the SLR.
6650401027_df54c07323_z.jpg

Cheers!

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
Joe - 4 inches is more brim than I wear. You have any photos?

Just this one taken on a dirt road back in September with a straw hat instead of the felt one I'm wearing these days. I've tried smaller brims in hat shops but I'm fairly tall so a 4" brim western seems to be about right for me.

Alton_800.jpg

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Wow! I missed a lot of great hats!

Neo, your painted hat gave my wife(artist) some inspiration... now I must hide everything! Very unique hat!

Robert, Your Fléchet was quite impressive as was today's optimo (love that ribbon on that one too) but what is most impressive is that you have something to go with most everything you post and it always looks good!

John, that is one sharp hat! that and the many thin ribbons (Stratoliner etc)look so good on you all I may have to look into one (quietly ;)) myself!

bowlerman my opinion is of little value or weight but I would like to chime in on putting that Dobbs in the keep pile, looks natural on you.

jbucklin love colour of that Borsalino in your second picture!!

Douglas Beautiful lid and much like Robert you always have the right threads on to compliment!

Alan Sharp!

For the record though it was a lovey dark brown Dobbs twenty, wide ribbon, 1 7/8" brim, guild edge (thank you Mike!) and it got me a bit of heat, as a couple of fine upstanding ladies honked at me as I passed their car getting in to the van. The wife said the were probably honking to keep the nut job with the hat away!

Anywho Too many nice lids to keep up with and comment on... All just amaze me and clearly indicate... I have lots to learn (ergo lots more reasons to acquire more hats!).

Today its a lovely Knox twenty (thank you mattface!)
Apologies on the bad pic again, I am going to start using the SLR.
6650401027_df54c07323_z.jpg

Cheers!
Nah, they wifey's just jealous of the attention you're getting! ;) That Knox fits you perfectly!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Joe - that western look suits you.

John - same goes for you. I have a nice Resistol western, but it spends its days hanging on my wall.

My daughter and I had breakfast at the diner today - Borsalino Alessandria

diner-L.jpg

Shohei

Familiar Face
Nice hats again folks!
Today started off in my very new (and stiff!) fawn Beaver Brand Grand Beaver w/ 2-3/4" brim, large, deep brown ribbon(sorry no pics for this due to no batteries) then, skating around with the kids and my mother on a beaver pond. Nice hat though, I know there was more beaver in the pond than the hat :D My afternoon and evening have been spend enjoying a very soft, medium gray Stetson Twenty hat I just picked up.

6657072927_04e46b6f57_b.jpg

and right now I'm sitting here in a very good condition Stetson Royal OR.

Unfortunately for me "the look what followed me home" bit is not flying and both have to leave me when I'm done cleaning them up :(

Cheers!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats again folks!
Today started off in my very new (and stiff!) fawn Beaver Brand Grand Beaver w/ 2-3/4" brim, large, deep brown ribbon(sorry no pics for this due to no batteries) then, skating around with the kids and my mother on a beaver pond. Nice hat though, I know there was more beaver in the pond than the hat :D My afternoon and evening have been spend enjoying a very soft, medium gray Stetson Twenty hat I just picked up.

Nice Hat Shohei. It looks good and fits you well.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Shohei, the Stetson 20 looks good.

It's a Mallory morning for me - this hat is more green than this photo would suggest.

smugshot178403-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy