Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbucklin

Practically Family
My Borsalino Film was used to collect the offering this morning at church since the offering plates were mysteriously missing. Finally got to "pass the hat"!
0108021316.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
Nice jbucklin, on the Borso and the action it saw! Were you a bit nervous when it left?

I was a bit nervous at first but relaxed once I saw how delighted the people were at dropping money into such a nice hat. I had planned to get a picture of it stuffed with checks and currency to post here but it was already emptied and being counted by the time I got to it after the service.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This afternoon I went out to a local college (D3) gymnastics meet. A couple of my former gymnasts are competing in college and I went to cheer them on. On my way I had to stop to pick up flowers for the girls at the mall and ran into a wall of famous writers. Here are some pics of me and them wearing hats;

Walt Whitman has a nice lid on.
IMG0142-M.jpg

Melville at a table with an unidentified hat wearer. He has a mature beard.
IMG0144-M.jpg

Anonomous fellow in the wall of writers. From what I see nice hat rear.
IMG0146-M.jpg

I am out and about in my Vintage Sillouette, sahara felt.

Eric -

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Eric, what a backdrop for a few hat shots! Nicely done. Thanks for taking the time to pose.

Jlee, your individualistic hat shaping paid off: confidence and 'tude, what a combo!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
You and your VS fit right in, Eric!
And Jlee-- I don't know how you pull off wide and stingy brims equally as convincingly. The OR wannabe looks great.

Today I'm flaunting the fruit of yesterday's block and flange, to Vienna and back (rehearsal for Mahler's 7th Symphony)!

It's my Beaver Brand 5X (I've left out the liner, which is not usual for me, but it feels a little more comfortable without it.

0082copy.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Just got back from Mass with my mother and have worn my Father's Rittenhouse he bought in Ft. Worth back in 1948, one year after i was born :) It's still got the crease he wore it with.

Squatter1018.jpg

Always nice to see your Dad's hat, monbla. Great hat and still looks brand new!

Jlee, B'Man - super hats for you today as well.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Back from our cruise. Bringing my two hat choices ended up being perfect. My Akubra was perfect for hiking adventures and times when I wanted a dark-colored hat, and my BBB panama was great for dressing up, and casual times of relaxation. Got lots of compliments on the hats, especially with the panama. More than one person asked if I was from the south while I wore the panama, particularly when I was also wearing a suit jacket and pocket square. They were fairly surprised when I told them I was from Alaska. :)

It's been a while, so here's some pics to catch up from the end of the cruise. This one's from a craft and people's market in Rio de Janeiro, off the beaten tourist path. I have no idea what kind of hat this other fellow is supposed to be wearing. :)

IMG_4077.jpg

Then we stayed at this awesome B&B in Iguazu Falls. Culminated in a "perfect moment" after spending all day at the falls (arguably the greatest in the world along with Victoria), then having evening drinks on the garden patio with fresh caipirihnas to drink, wearing the BBB panama. The proprietor is also a photographer, and I asked him to take a pic of me in the hat, and he snapped this one of me getting some lovin' from his dog.

PuppyKissescropped.jpg

We went to an awesome dinner and tango show in Buenos Aires. Me and the wife.

IMG_4548.jpg

After coming home, over new year's we went to a murder mystery costume party. We had to raid some costume and thrift shops. This is a costume-grade bowler, but it was fun. You can probably figure out who I was supposed to play. My wife was supposed to play Patsy Cline.

IMG_46792.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Cool shots, Wildblue.

Heading out to our Chamber of Commerce breakfast. Mitt Romney is the speaker so should e a full room.

Playboy

smugshot4006353-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR