Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Rick

Practically Family
Wearing my new VS.

IMG0567-L.jpg

Details on the VS hat to come later.

Eric -
Oaky, awaiting details. But the question comes to mind, is that a Barnstormer? Great looking lid!

Destinys Agent

Familiar Face
Thanks T Rick. I do want to visit a hatters but there aren't many where I am! I'll happen across one soon I hope.

Hat-Comparison-Chart.jpg

That image I posted on the questions thread a few days ago. The first image on each row is the Jaxon with hair tied up and let loose.

Maybe I have a very tapered head :)

T Rick

Practically Family
Well again, it looks like it fits to me, except here in some shots you have them more pushed back (top and bottom left for contrasting example, with the addition of the brim snapped up on top). In the other pic, it is more forward (a look I prefer for most of my hats, though sometimes I also tilt them back). I don't think it needs to be higher on your head from what I've seen. Higher on your forehead (as in tipped back) is more a matter of preference.

Last edited:

Destinys Agent

Familiar Face
OK and thanks T Rick. I'll give it a fair chance. Wear it around a bit and see what happens. I have my eye on a few more hats so it will keep me going until I decide what to get next.

T Rick

Practically Family
OK and thanks T Rick. I'll give it a fair chance. Wear it around a bit and see what happens. I have my eye on a few more hats so it will keep me going until I decide what to get next.

Yep, it starts that way (LOL). My advice, pick up a few hat racks too, these things multiply sometimes at an alarming rate ;).

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I just love the brim on that Tumwater, David.
Nice hat, l like the high crown, looks fine to me ¡¡¡¡
That steel Tumwater is beautiful, David! and I sooo dig that black cherry. Two home runs in a row!
David, stunning Tumwater. He looks really good.
Looking good David and Jeff!
David, the Tumwater is always a delight.
David, Jeff and Steve nice hats and outfits fellows.

Thanks guys, much appreciated - Tony totally exceeded my expectations when he made this hat.

Jeff - you should be getting your Black Cherry hat soon, I think? Your Wellington (The Duke of?) is a great hat.

Steve - welcome to the lounge, what a great first hat day for you. This time last year I was just getting used to my first hat, now I wear one everyday.

Eric - love the new VS and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of it. As it happens I received a package from Mr. Fawcett myself. Remember our discussion on the elusive Stetson Weston?

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, very nice the Campdraft. Looks good to the coat!

Mike, two beautys. The Playboy looks really good!

Mrs Chaddsley_Corbett, very nice, looks like a Velour Hat. What is it for a Brand and have you more details?

My last Ebay find. Borsalino 8 panel Cap.

wear44.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Manfred. We are supposed to finally be getting snow today and the CD is one of my go-to bad weather hats.

Nice cap today for you!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
It's a good thing I'm not in a shop looking at all your hats this morning, everyone! They're all equally wonderful and totally different. I don't know what I'd choose. That Lee really stands out, Rodkins.
HistoryTeach, and Perry--- I missed yours yesterday. Inspiring contributions, both! My appetite for falcon ever grows...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Spent the last couple of hours moving wet, snow from the walk, driveway, deck, boathouse porch, driveway and roofs. Temps in the lower 30's and very gray outside. My shoulders are tired. Wearing my Borso green fedora to work hard this morning. The pic does not show the green. Bigger brimmed fedora, but just wears and fits like a champ.

IMG0570-L.jpg

More snow expected. I can not imagine that it will be bunches, but I have all day to deal with it. School closed = no gymnastics = day off! I will post up pics on my new Art Fawcett hat later today. In fact, I may just have to wear a bunch of other hats about on my errands/chores. Time is mine today. Ahhh....

Hoping you enjoy the day folks. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats guys and Mrs. Corbett. Campdraft, Playboy, velour and smartlee are sharp. I really enjoy tuning in to see what the morning folks post up.

Gotta shout out to Manfred - SHOUT- darn nice cap.

Eric -

TipTop

Practically Family
Global Warming comes to an end today, but it hasn't started snow/sleeting yet, so I am sporting a new Armani in rat...er, rabbit fur. Actually a very nice hat, well proportioned, packable and that band is a fine suede. Those Italians: the bland, yet distinctive gray/tan rat color goes with everything. (Sorry, auto focus must have caught the background, not the hat)
15267172-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points