Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipTop

Practically Family
THe hat and vest is really nice but! IS that a D700 or D3s on your hip?

Thx 99, (and Egg) That's my Olympus E-3 with a Zuiko 7-14mm super wide and FL-50 flash attached. Had just bought the all-hand-woven vest the day before. It is magnificent--a real piece of wearable art. Oh, and the back is wool with a large diamond on it too.

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
Thanks, Tip Top and Chepstow:)
I got that letter mailed off...
I trust you realize that I was jokingly quoting an old expression from the period. A family friend ran a men's store and that's what he used to call those squared hankies "the letter you forgot to mail.." Just wanted to be sure you knew on account of your being in France:eek:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Went with my Black Sheep custom today:
2012-02-29115349.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Sunny and 79 degrees today.....straw hat weather.

Still winter, so I decided to wear the dark grey Dobbs Fifth Avenue Milan I got a couple of months ago.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Mike - both nice hats to start the day

Mrs C_C - we photograph weddings and it is rare that the guys like to have their photos taken. I hate it too and until finding this forum always kept the other side of the lens.

Z - first snow we've had here since October, strange winter

Eric - looks as though the Borso is great for your winter chores

Ray - nice rat!

Robert - that is quite the band

J1 - you are one of the few who can wear a stingy and make it work

Jeff - looking good in the Champ

Jared - always nice to see the Black Sheep

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Well, our weather report was for snow and (for a change) it was right!

Still with the trusty CD - I stuck with the Rabbit.

smugshot2241929-L.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Thank you. Here's the leather band's fastener.
P1030905.JPG

Wowwwwwwwww! :jaw:

Robert, that is so spectacular. I'm already envisioning a narrow version of that in a little darker color for a western I'd like. Its funny, I just finished my first ever leather project tonight. Just a basic mystery knot bracelet for my daughter. That band gives me something to work towards.

B

Chief000731

Practically Family
Yes I really love that hat, I'm going to The Brothers Hat Shop in Tulsa next week to see what all they have I am looking for another new hat or two. Does anybody have any experience with this store or any recommendations? I am looking for a wide brim tear drop crown very nice dress hat, I tink a nice black one and a nice gray one. So if anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them. Also I am going to have a few hats for sale in a week or so size is 7 1/4 I have a Stetson open Road and a Stetson Royal Deluxe and a couple more I will post them if anyone is interested Just hit me with a IM or e-mail I have 2 stetsons in size 6 5/8 going up also.
Thanks everybody for such a warm friendly welcome for a newbie to the forum and fedora experience. Carl

Davey_Speedstar

New in Town
It's a very bright and sunny day here in Hull (Kingston upon Hull to give it its proper name). There's hardly a cloud in the sky, but the sun is still very low.

The wide brim of my Ford Fedora (in my avatar) did a great job of keeping the sun out of my eyes as I walked from one our offices to another this morning.

Hope the weather's as fine with the rest of you as it is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy