Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, thanks for the nice comment! I hope it was nice for you in Düsseldorf. It´s a great City.
Very nice the Whippet. Great color too!

Mike, wonferful Playboy. I love the color of the Playboy.

Perry, wonderful your shape on the brim, looks very good!

Al, your photos, great, as always. The Black Hat with the shorter brim is new for me!
It looks really good on you and fits with the dress perfect.

Jason, stunning the new one. Really good in this color!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan and Al, thank you very much for the kind words. I really appreciate it
Normally I find one or two Hats minimum. At this day, nothing. This was a black day for me! [huh]

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Awesome pics Alan!
Makes one sense how insignificant we are here on this earth in the greater scheme of things.

Al, your photos, great, as always. The Black Hat with the shorter brim is new for me! It looks really good on you and fits with the dress perfect.

+1 on this... and knowing that it is a mean green adds further to the perfection for this weekend's festivities. Fantastic.

Perry, your newest photo compositions are great. When is your contract up so we can start lobbying for an iPhone! That's a very luxe and handsome Dobbs there.

Streaming sun, but there will be rain, I hear. This is a Schoble Mainliner... lovely unlined lightweight with the scoopy flange of a Stratoliner. It has those subtle violet undertones that were once a popular a target here on the Lounge. :)

031912.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for your very gracious comments, gents!

Ale: Graham's Milans are exquisite. Glad it worked out for you. ;)

Perry: Too kind, as always!

jbucklin: That Heritage Fawn is a great color on you! Thanks for your kind remarks.

Manfred: Danke! The dark green heather felt lid is my late '20s-'30s Miller Hats Deluxe Quality. It was stored unsold at a hundred year old mercantile store in northern Minnesota for the past century, and I have only had it for around two months. I love this hat, with its incredible heather finish and straight, tall, un-tapered crown and narrow brim. Very characteristic of the pre-depression era. I hope to post some detailed photos of this hat soon.

Alan: Appreciate your kind words, as always! I for one completely adore that violet undertone in your Schoble.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, stunning, the Schoble looks great with his soft felt finish.

Al, sorry for the Color error, on the photos it comes black. But, black or green It´s definitely a really beautiful Hat
and I look forward on your Miller photos.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Nice Schoble, Alan! Perry, I like the edge of your Dobbs! Guild?

I took my vented VS out today. Hot and beautiful in NY. I wanted to test the vents I put, slightly wider in diameter (2mm the biggest ones and 1mm the smaller) than those in my Stratoliner (.05mm! :D) They made a noticeable difference!. It's windy today and, at times, I could feel the air inside the hat! I think I'm going to add a circular crown pattern on it as well. Great felts this Artlites!

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_21251.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Manfred: No worries at all. The heather green looks darker in my available light, night photos than in hand, so I can see how it would appear black on your monitor.

Ale: Looking well cooled in your vVS. I really like your use of the 2mm holes in the corners as it gives it that extra bit of detail for a very 'finished' look.

billyspew: Many thanks! Gorgeous Mr. Boulevard! I love all of your ADAMs, as I do my singular example. I pine for many other ADAM models to add to my rotation, such as your Mr. Boulevard, but sadly, have found ADAM to be extraordinarily difficult to find in 7-1/2+.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
What a superb bunch of hats for the last few pages. A real pleasure to behold. Across the board, not a single sub-par example of either a hat or how to wear one!

:eusa_clap to each of you.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Ale: Looking well cooled in your vVS. I really like your use of the 2mm holes in the corners as it gives it that extra bit of detail for a very 'finished' look.

Thanks, Al. I got several compliments about the hat, today. I referred three folks to Art this morning along!

Love your VS with the air vents, very cool (pun intended).

lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy