Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
I thought about you guys today. Its really really hot here in alabama and so I wore my straw Panama-style hat today. No pics as it is an inexpensive one. But it was still nice to have. Wore the hat and wore my bracers as well (though I wear them most days anyway).

davidraphael

Practically Family
Sunny but not hot today, so I thought what the hell, time for a hommie.

I need to get myself a decent straw for summer but can't decide between a milan or panama. Maybe 'both' is the right answer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Al - that is a fantastic look for you.

David - looking great in the Hommie! You are correct (of course) that the only possible answer is to get both.

Last cool day for a while here - making the most of it with my green Stratoliner.

smugshot6159471-L.jpg

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That suits you mike. Gotta love a nicely aged Borso .
Newly acquired Borso Cuenca, this hat is so light I am afraid of wearing it outside for fear a gust of wind will send it sailing.
cc2e1201.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Manfred: Vielen dank! :)

Carl: My sincere thanks once again! :yo:

Dennis: Never feel apprehension in posting a photo based upon the pedigree of your hat! Would love to see your straw and braces in action.

DJH: Thanks, David! We are in the throes of straw hat weather, so enjoy your final fling with fur! lol

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
DavidR, looking good the Homburger, nice suit too!

David, very nice Strat and cool sunglasse!

Mike, looks good that old Borsalino!

bond, fine looking Borso Cuenca, stands you good!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
My "project" hat. Cuenca, subfino that I got unblocked. I put in a sweatband and creased the sucker dozens of times, and I think I like this one best. The hatband is a native american beaded band my wife gave me last December, and has black leather that is tied at the back and hangs off the brim a few inches.
My frequent experimenting caused the front of the brim to come apart. Anyone know any tricks to hide/contain this?

004copyl.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Great looking hats guys......
This thread is like a candy store for hat guys.
I want one of those...and one of those....and one of those

you guys wear your hats as well as any of the old movies and pics I have seen.

Bowlerman, thats a "movie" hat if I ever saw one.....maybe you could rent it out to Depp or one of the movie companies. :smile:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My "project" hat. Cuenca, subfino that I got unblocked. I put in a sweatband and creased the sucker dozens of times, and I think I like this one best. The hatband is a native american beaded band my wife gave me last December, and has black leather that is tied at the back and hangs off the brim a few inches.
My frequent experimenting caused the front of the brim to come apart. Anyone know any tricks to hide/contain this?

HI Bowlerman

I used a little Elmer's glue on my Sun Body, but it was in the crown so I also backed it with a cotton gun cleaning patch. it won't repair the damage, but it will help avoid more.

Later

Mystic

Practically Family
We're not too concerned about flooding in Orlando. The panhandle has some areas in serious trouble.

Torrential rains and serious flooding from the big bend area almost straight across the state. :rain:

Northeast Florida is drowning.......widespread flooding from the many rivers in the area. Just had a slow moving tropical storm 2 weeks ago that already had the area saturated. shakeshead

Even had parts of I-10 closed down.

I know I know.....off topic :eek:fftopic: :sorry:

Ok, :focus: I had to trade my fedoras for a poncho.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
That suits you mike. Gotta love a nicely aged Borso .
Newly acquired Borso Cuenca, this hat is so light I am afraid of wearing it outside for fear a gust of wind will send it sailing.
Oh that happened to me once in a parking lot!!! It was really windy and my Panama blew off and went sailing across the parking lot and landed right in front of an oncoming car. So there I was, my baldness blinding everyone and me, 300lbs plus trotting (coz I cant really run can I?) after my hat. Fortunately the driver of the car stopped and I was able to retrieve my hat. Lol! Possibly he was stunned to see a huge manatee crossing the parking lot. Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou