Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipTop

Practically Family
This was my very first ePrey Western hat buy, about 2 years ago, before heading for El Paso and southern New Mexico. It looked like a quality piece, it was my size and was listed as in great shape; all three proved very true, and the price was right (about $20 as I recall).

Well, when it arrived and I put it on, I burst out laughing in the mirror. I had no idea how to judge scale of crowns, and clearly I missed on this one (6.25 front and 5.25 rear). While it isn't outrageous on 6'3" me, it is wildly out of fashion on this side of the Rio Grande.

Today, I began having some landscape work done around the house and was going to be out in the hot (but thankfully breezy) very clear-sky sun and decided to try this baby out. It works well and didn't scare off any children, although a neighbor did ask how long I had been in the sun....

It's labeled Hatters Custom Hats, Ft. Worth, TX in gold on a nice leather sweat, has an attractive weave pattern to it and is ivory. And, very comfortable, but the strong river breezes kept wanting to lift it away, so I just pushed it down a bit further and it stayed put. In all, not bad for a first western buy, just a little tall.

15996452-lg.jpg

15996453-lg.jpg

Last edited:

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Stetson Retro Straw C-Crown today. I think it compliments my guayaberas and camp shirts pretty well. It's pretty hot, damp, and miserable here in Central Florida right now. But at least I'll look good while eating all the Cuban food in the city.

... ALL OF IT!!

IMG-20120627-00881.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Some spectacular hats as usual, gentlemen.

Tip Top: That's a lot of crown!

Doomstein: a well composed look, I'm jealous that you get to enjoy all that Cuban food down there. I haven't had any since I was on the island!

RLK: A fantastic Milan

Bowlerman: You could always keep it and do the Johnny Depp look ;). I do really like that band though.

Javier: What can I say? You sir, have excellent taste in hats.

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Well, when it arrived and I put it on, I burst out laughing in the mirror. I had no idea how to judge scale of crowns, and clearly I missed on this one (6.25 front and 5.25 rear). While it isn't outrageous on 6'3" me, it is wildly out of fashion on this side of the Rio Grande.

That hat is awesome, some real Tom Mix action there!

JAVIER

Practically Family
Nice hats today fellas :eusa_clap Thanks for the compliments too. Doomstein, I too love me some Cuban food... hard to find a good sandwich Cubano in NY, obviously best ever in the states is in FL, damn it! now I want one :mad:

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
We have this small place named 'Flacos' down the street. I love their empanadas man, and at 2 bucks a pop I was developing an eating disorder, hehe.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Tip Top that looks the ideal hat in the heat. High crown and vents make for happy follicles.
Today a Biltmore Milan pork pie.
Yesterday Blue smoke from you know who and the day before Silver Mist Art Lite.
Tom D.

TipTop

Practically Family
Stetson Retro Straw C-Crown today. I think it compliments my guayaberas and camp shirts pretty well. It's pretty hot, damp, and miserable here in Central Florida right now. But at least I'll look good while eating all the Cuban food in the city.

... ALL OF IT!!

IMG-20120627-00881.jpg

Ideal for a Dressed and Pressed lunch! My sister in Tampa always takes me to place in South Tampa for a Cuban sandwich. This March, we strayed because I was in Ybor City looking at supposedly vintage hats in their several vintage clothing stores. I was disappointed at BOTH Ybor offerings. We wound up is a nice, noted business lunch spot, Bernini loaded with locals but the sandwich was dry and not very tasty. Black bean soup was very good though. Wish I knew the name of the South Tampa spot, more like a deli with tables, but clearly a longtime landmark.

Last edited:

wine65

One of the Regulars
Manfred - great hat really catches one's eye!
David - Nice looking Montecristi suits you well.

Steve

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Ideal for a Dressed and Pressed lunch! My sister in Tampa always takes me to place in South Tampa for a Cuban sandwich. This March, we strayed because I was in Ybor City looking at supposedly vintage hats in their several vintage clothing stores. I was disappointed at BOTH Ybor offerings. We wound up is a nice, noted business lunch spot, Bernini loaded with locals but the sandwich was dry and not very tasty. Black bean soup was very good though. Wish I knew the name of the South Tampa spot, more like a deli with tables, but clearly a longtime landmark.

'Pipos' maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou