Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Modern Mayser Lario Sisol

7476081314_13f48c28bc_b.jpg

Cooool hat and great shirt!!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Great looking Hats, yesterday! KC, Robert, David, Johnny, Gtc and CircuitRider.

Thanks, David. My Vacation is great, I really enjoy it and the weather is great too.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Great photos and lids over the weekend, Gentlemen, and a trio of nice Panamas to start this warm and humid July 4th week, David, Perry, and Manfred!

Manfred, I wish you and your family a wonderful and safe holiday, and I do hope you will post some more of your beautiful photos to FEDORAS-AFIELD when you have the time.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
June Wedding & July Heat

Along with seemingly everyone else in America this past weekend, we enjoyed sweltering heat and soaking humidity here in Minnesota.

Outdoor wedding at Minnehaha Park Saturday afternoon. Optimo Montecristi.

Admiring a special moment between the beautiful and radiant bride Kelly and her Mom Denise, our dear friend.

A special time between Ryan and me after the ceremony, discussing his string quartet's performance during the wedding.

Long after the Sun had set the heat was still all around us. Following the wedding reception and supper we still had enough time to attend the Great Northern Union's special concert, featuring some amazing a cappella and barber shop singing.

The Sun was already high in the Eastern sky by 0830 Sunday morning as I strolled to the St. Paul Farmer's Market with Mom & Pop, visiting from California.

Did I mention I love alleys? Adjusting my camera settings in front of an alley adjacent to the market.

Sunday Brunch in the sublime courtyard at W.A. Frost & Co. later in the morning. A gentle breeze amidst blooming petunias and azaleas, and the dappled shade offered by a towering canopy of mature oaks, made the heat all but disappear for a few hours.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

We hit a few of our favorite antiques hot spots following brunch. First hat of the afternoon: 1940s Stetson Select boater, in a rare size: 7-1/2.

I was feeling as mirthful as this incredible, old, hand-painted and fully articulating court jester theater prop we found.

My good fortune continued later in the afternoon with a few more great hats. 1940s-early 1950s Royal Stetson Panama, size 7-5/8. Very nice and even weave.

1950s Sovereign Stetson Twenty with 'Mode Edge'. Perfect condition minus a little dust, and an absolutely ginormous lid at size 7-3/4, which fits very well with the old rolled up paper a previous owner had stuffed behind the sweatband at the rear. Lydia thought it looked proportionally quite good on my 7-9/16 noggin, a testament to my swelled head of late, perhaps?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the BBB comments, Hatto, Manfred and Al. As I've mentioned before this hat isn't in perfect shape, but I really enjoy wearing it.

Manfred, that hatshop in your photo looks great, I'd love to explore it.

Al - super shots and you had great success in your hat antiquing. I like to shoot in those kinds of alley as well - when we are doing engagement shoots with our wedding clients we often seek them out.

gdc

One of the Regulars
Al, I envy your fortune in finding so many stellar lids. It's tough to find good 7 1/2 hats but you always seem to find some really nice ones which suit you well.

tealseal

A-List Customer

My good fortune continued later in the afternoon with a few more great hats. 1940s-early 1950s Royal Stetson Panama, size 7-5/8. Very nice and even weave.
Al, wonderful photos as always! If it were allowed, I'd reply with all these fine hats you've posted and comment on each. However, I'd particularly like to draw attention to this one. Wild color! I like this hat a lot. Very unique.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Al, great finds! Out here in L.A. Calif, you would think you can find some lids like that in the antique stores, but I have not seen any yet. Well, I might be looking in the wrong places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic