Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

New in Town
Hi Jeff,
That green coloured hat on your dash looks fantastic! Would you mind telling what make it is, the colours of the felt and ribbon, and the brim and crown dimensions. I think it looks brilliant!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
You know Alan, I was dead set on reblocking it when I saw the eBay photos at first, but now that I have it in hand, it's growing on me. The ribbon is definitely something special and I hope I can get the residual tape marks out.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Happy Anniversary Jeff, great pics!

Yes, hope you and your wife had a super anniversary, Jeff!

Thank you for bringing us along on your trip - I've really enjoyed your photos. I agree with Jared, the DBJ is a great hat.

Oh, I also agree with Bond, I'd have kept on driving too :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind comments and wishes, all!

welcome, Teflon-- that green hat on the dash is the same one pictured in the pic right above it, on the railcar, if you can believe it. the colors do mutate in different lighting. This is the D Bar J hat myself and others have been referring to. I'm growing very fond of it! It is dark moss staple (rabbit) felt with a kind of muted copper ribbon and edging. I will measure the brim and crown (hand creased teardrop) and then come back and edit this post.

As for the cuenca... I was on the fence about driving onward, but this is a hat that I got as an unblocked, no sweatband, body and had put a good deal of personal touch into, plus the beaded band was a birthday present from my wife last December, so I thought it would at least be worth an attempt!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I hope you decide to preserve the ribbon and styling on this, Jared. It's super.

+1! In fact I will only add a "b" to the end of Alan's "super!" A really fine and stylish hat, Jared!

So many to catch up on, but all have looked great so far. Alan, your Strat must be worth a Strad the way you wear it on your head!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, good to see the wonderful ArtLite. It's a sign that is not to hot in USA!

Perry, always nice to see a beautiful OR!

Robert, amazing cap and sunglasses, exquisit!

Alan, darn sharp Strat. This Hat is made for you!

Jared, very good, that Color works for you! Very nice this Milan!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful and poignant images from what I am certain was a deeply emotional and nostalgic trip for you and your family, Jeff. :eusa_clap

delectans

Call Me a Cab
An incredible gallery of portraits over the past few days, fellas! Just wonderful to be treated to some gorgeous felt hats(and awesome Milan and cap) during the height of Summer and warm weather.

Kudos to you all, Alan, Eric, David, Perry, Jared, and Robert! :yo:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
In Georgetown, CO, waiting to take my kids on the Georgetown Loop Railroad for a short but gorgeous tour of the Rockies. This old private presidential car is from 1865. I loved all the detail work. Wish I had brought one of my old west derbies to hang on that rail!

californiatrip22012599.jpg
Great picture! This is one of my favorites that I've seen in this thread! Well done....

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Out since 6:30am with the dogs. We have been around the lake, visiting our local wildlife reserve and now back down by the boat house. It was threatening to rain while being a pleasant 68'F, at the start of the adventure. As it neared 70'F, at 7:15am, it started to rain. I am glad for the rain, as we can use the rain. But rain it did!

Here is a pic of my Stetson Whippet (straw) and I after our walk. My fav mountain jacket needs some fabric treating. The gore-tex kept me dry inside, but the outside got soaked. I have put this maintenance off long enough. As soon as things dry out I will treat my jacket.

IMG2348-M.jpg

Enjoying the rain. I think I will go out and cut brush and some wood. The temp and rain feel refreshing this morning. Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, how does the straw whippet stand up to water?

Job; You chose the right hat for the weather in your area.

The Whippet comes thru the soaking downpour like a champ. The plastic coated straw - no problems at all. The ribbon seems to suffer no issues - no water marks, no stains, no puckering. The leather band dries slowly on my hat stand and it has been good to go this afternoon. This hat was survived many of these rains and even dunkings into the lake.

This aft. my nephew took a cell phone shot of "uncles funny hat.". His funny, my fashion. This hat is my Ecuadorian Milan. Here is his pic;
photo-9-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Getting going early today. At 6:00am the temps were 70' with very high humidity. Exercise and dog walk had to be done early this morning.

Out and about in my Stetson Stratoliner (cadet blue). The color changes a lot in different lighting. This morning it shows more gray.

IMG2357-L.jpg

Enjoy the balance of the weekend folks, Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
John, nice Hat this Tesi. He suits you well!

Eric, a very nice couple of Hats this morning! Cadet blue is a great color!

Dogwalk early in the morning. Borsalino for me!

wear130.jpg

Eric, Your Stetson Strat looks great against the pines!

Manfred, Fantastic Borsalino! Also like seeing brim up!

Robert, Super to see a Boater (great color match)! Your Yeddo is sure a beauty!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, Your Stetson Strat looks great against the pines!
!

Thanks Steve! The MN outdoors offers a great compliment to the charateristics of a fedora that I enjoy. Not to mention it is in it's home enviornment, at least for my hats. Check out the Startoliner pics on the blue spruce and green spruce here - http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?8329-The-Stratoliner-Society-VINTAGE/page85.

Look forward to seeing what hat you will be wearing next sir! Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

RLK; Thanks for showcasing this and the other unique fedoras/caps and such. Good quality shots that show details - cheers. I am amazed at the diversity. This morning I would also like to publicly note that the coordination of the hat and attire does not go un-notced at my house. Bravo today and most days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred