Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow...

Yesterday, rain... black Barbisio dated 1955 with telescope crown crease. Today, 1930s Stetson Real Nutria Quality.

Tomorrow... ?

091812.jpg

091912.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
So many winners today-- forgive me for not commenting on each specifically!

Some highlights for me:

Perry, that olive Stetson is killer! I have a soft spot for those colors.
Alan-- the Barbisio looks so streamlined. very cool.
Sam-- you're seriously on a roll lately. I don't think I've seen anyone look so natural in a Fed IV. What is Akubra's name for that brown?

I wore two hats today. Mostly this Wormser black Whippet clone with shark's gill ribbon. It seems to strangely glow in the daylight. I need to wear this hat more. Often my black 100% beaver hat by Dennis Brooks wins over this.

003srn.jpg

001hjs.jpg

Then this one arrived at my doorstep!

004uin.jpg

It's my first Panama of any real quality. I'll probably need to work with it a tad, but the weave is very tight and the sweatband is surprisingly good quality. The ribbon/bow is a little tacky. It's an "Ultrafino" brand Montecristi, with about 24 weaves per linear inch, which brings it to about 500-600 wpsi, right?

I always had a feeling I'd find a montecristi only in the off-season...

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Jeff: You always look great in black...and white. My regrets for your newly diagnosed affliction with the paja toquilla!

David: Very nice Cavanagh, but then again, what Cavanagh isn't? Appears to have green undertones?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Bowlerman. On hatsdirect.com this color brown is called "dark brown".

I like the way the Wormser looks. The panama is a bit big isn't it?

Really handsome Cavanagh there, David... and knobody is going to knock that Mallory, AL, despite its chameleon tendencies.

Robert, the alpinish Stetson with vest is great (was gonna say delish, but thought better of it). I wish I still had the vests that Donna made me many moons ago. I loved wearing them. I think they found there way to the costume shop.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Looking good folks. Holy lids Batman! A pleasure in the morning to tune in to the "hat channel."

This morning the dogs and I spent time in the local park reserve. We went early to catch the early mammal and bird activity. Our eyes and ears were well rewarded. I was totally comfortable in a Pendleton Boardshirt, canvas slacks and my Lee Cameo fedora. The dogs faired well and only came back with a few burs.

IMG2912-M.jpg

Pumpkins are nearly ready. I had to pull this pumpkin out as the local deer had trampled it's end of the vine and it needed to be rescued. Here is a hat pic ala Che' (FL member in CA).

IMG2914-L.jpg

Enjoy the day folks. Eric -

Panizza

Non Plus Ultra... wooly hand (might well be wool or wool/felt mix) with radial or spiral stitching. Nicely styled and beautifully crafted with interesting ventilation ports. I purchased two hats of Bolognese origin from the same seller. The other is a Barbisio dated 1955. More photos to follow in the dedicated threads. Thanks to a keen sighted FL observer who steered me to this BIN auction.

092012.jpg

panizza5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick