Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful choices this morning, David and Perry. Can always count on you two to start the day off with a pair of nice hats.

+1

Don't think I've seen a Robley before, AnA - looks good.

'Preciate it. I've had this for a while, actually. However, it used to have a center dent which rounded out the top and gave it a lot of taper. I used a diamond crease over the weekend and completely transformed it. The old photos are here (bottom of the thread)...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?37403-My-Blue-Heaven/page6

AnA, very nice Hat with high Crown, looks good on you!

Thank you, Manfred! The diamond crown really changed the appearance of the hat. Here is a shot of the crown and some others I worked on over the weekend (bottom of the thread)...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?22275-The-Diamond-Authority/page47

Have a great Tuesday. Will probably wear my Cavanagh today. Cheers, everyone!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Long time no post here...

Just today I received this wonderful 1920's/30's tweed flatcap (probably French-made according to the Baron). The fabric is absolutely gorgeous. Colours are brown and off-white with flecks of green and yellow. To take things a bit further there are off-white stripes running along the length of the cap and some kind of overcheck made from red-white flecked threads. I will post more detailed photos of the cap later.

The only downside is that the sweatband stitching has partially come undone and will need to get fixed. There's also a tiny hole in the back of the cap but it's hardly noticeable and can be neglected.

2027s_oxford_cap_01.jpg

2027s_oxford_cap_02.jpg

french_cap_fabric_01.jpg

french_cap_stitching_03.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, fantastic Borsalino, lovely Color and ribbon!

Perry, great Stetson with very nice shape!

Mario, sharp! That Cap is a great find and looks very good on you!

Eric, the New Wanderer! Fantastico!!

Josh, successful conversion in the style of the 20 years!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful start to the day, all around!
David-- what is that sublime color on the Borso? Perry-- so bright and cheery!
Formidable, Manfred!

Randall, I gotta say yesterday's hat is one of the classiest I've seen around here.

Yesterday I wore my Clearwater Hats derby. Frankly I like the modern and slightly western pencil curl, probably better than the D'Orsay. There's also something about the dimensions of this hat that just works for me. The crown is slightly lower and brim a bit wider than most derbies.

002ygt.jpg

I apologize to all the purists out there, but my new Ultrafino needed some modifications. That was my morning project today and I'm wearing it in. Temps are supposed to get up to 78 anyway. Here are a few angles:

ultrafino030.jpg

ultrafino027.jpg

ultrafino025.jpg

I extended the dents backward and brought the front pinch tighter, messed a little with the brim shape, settling on a front dip with a slightly flatter flange around the sides and back, and made this simple band (tied on, but not sewn on).

The hat band is made from buffalo bone pipe beads which I stained in black tea, turquoise beads, wooden beads strung together with actual sinew and tied to an rustic homemade leather clasp which I strung leftover leather strips through. The shark's tooth is something I found on an island I referred to as "sharkstooth island" when I was about eight years old. It was a little spot on the Potomac River and I kept my favorite tooth for I guess 26 years, hoping I could eventually do something with it. I had the hole drilled into it while I was in high school, but never got around to doing anything with it until this morning.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh, successful conversion in the style of the 20 years!

Josh, That was a great conversion. I liked it the first time I saw it, and it still looks great now.:eusa_clap

Thanks Manfred and BR!! This is my second Stagecoach conversion and its getting pretty addictive. I have been wanting one in Silverbelly for the longest time because it goes with more clothing than one in blue. This conversion took me two days and I finished it last night.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I wore my Clearwater Hats derby. Frankly I like the modern and slightly western pencil curl, probably better than the D'Orsay. There's also something about the dimensions of this hat that just works for me. The crown is slightly lower and brim a bit wider than most derbies.

002ygt.jpg

Great lookin' Clearwater, Jeff!!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mario: Love the complex pattern of your cap. Outstanding.

Eric: Congrats on your new hat! Looks great, and there are not many felt colors with the versatility of Granite.

Josh: Nice work on the conversion, and it is a real looker, too.

Manfred: Wonderful monochromatic ensemble today.

Jeff: Nice hats, both. I especially find your new hat band to be poignant and unique. No doubt it will be a special hat for you in more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats