Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Elosegui 12" Navy Blue Basque Beret
IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3760.JPG

Alan, you're KILLIN' ME!!! Awesome hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the brim curl. :thumb:

That's funny. Every time I see your Cavanagh I think I'm gonna plotz. :)

Thanks for the kind thumbs up, Tom!

Great hats posted today. Mario, I always enjoy your self-portraits - the new cap is fantastic.

Jeff, I like your beaded band. I just purchased an old Native American band with some turquoise... I'm excited to see how it works on some of my old westerns.

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Yesterday I wore my Clearwater Hats derby.

002ygt.jpg

I apologize to all the purists out there, but my new Ultrafino needed some modifications. That was my morning project today and I'm wearing it in. Temps are supposed to get up to 78 anyway. Here are a few angles:

ultrafino030.jpg

ultrafino027.jpg

ultrafino025.jpg

I extended the dents backward and brought the front pinch tighter, messed a little with the brim shape, settling on a front dip with a slightly flatter flange around the sides and back, and made this simple band (tied on, but not sewn on).

The hat band is made from buffalo bone pipe beads which I stained in black tea, turquoise beads, wooden beads strung together with actual sinew and tied to an rustic homemade leather clasp which I strung leftover leather strips through. The shark's tooth is something I found on an island I referred to as "sharkstooth island" when I was about eight years old. It was a little spot on the Potomac River and I kept my favorite tooth for I guess 26 years, hoping I could eventually do something with it. I had the hole drilled into it while I was in high school, but never got around to doing anything with it until this morning.

Good looking Derby. I have a couple of Clearwater Hats, and have found them to be extremely durable and accurate in terms of historical syle. Any chance of a pic of the liner and sweatband in your Derby? They put interesting liners in their hats. Clearwater is an oft overlooked hatmaker, that really deserves more attention, IMHO.

Nice job on the hat band! Looks great!:eusa_clap

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Gray Royal Stetson.

Nice RS, Hatto.

Beautiful choices this morning, David and Perry. Can always count on you two to start the day off with a pair of nice hats.

Thanks, Al. Doing our best - miss Mike posting early in the morning though!

Perry,that is a great looking Stetson and David you have a fine looking collection also!

Thanks, Tom.

Mario, Great return! Really fantastic mix of colors!

+1 - that is a really cool cap, Mario!

Wearing my VS- granite lite felt. It is a Stetson Wanderer inspired commisioned fedora from Art Fawcett. Maiden voyage this morning.

Very nice VS, Eric.

Today I'm wearing my newly converted Resistol Stagecoach in Silverbelly.

Nice work, Josh - the Resistol looks great!

David, fantastic Borsalino, lovely Color and ribbon!

Thank you, Manfred - nice Borsalino for you as well today!

Wonderful start to the day, all around!
David-- what is that sublime color on the Borso?

Thanks, Jeff - the colour is Palladio. Interestingly, I had another Borsalino marked this same colour that I swear was somewhat darker.

I like your Clearwater; not quite so sure about the Panama mods :)

AnA - love the Cav!

Steve - great ribbon on the Wegener Extra

Alan - cool looking in the Borsa Rat - er sorry, Nutria hat! :)

Not sure I could pull of that Beret CC, but it works for you.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great lookin' Clearwater, Jeff!!

Jeff: Nice hats, both. I especially find your new hat band to be poignant and unique. No doubt it will be a special hat for you in more ways than one.

+1

The brim dimensions and shape are fantastic, Jeff!!

Jeff, I like your beaded band. I just purchased an old Native American band with some turquoise... I'm excited to see how it works on some of my old westerns.

Thanks guys! Alan, I think those turquoise bands look fantastic on just about any western. There are certainly some impressive ones out there. I'll be looking forward to seeing yours!
The nutria is amazing-- did you post color pics somewhere?

Good looking Derby. I have a couple of Clearwater Hats, and have found them to be extremely durable and accurate in terms of historical syle. Any chance of a pic of the liner and sweatband in your Derby? They put interesting liners in their hats. Clearwater is an oft overlooked hatmaker, that really deserves more attention, IMHO.

Nice job on the hat band! Looks great!:eusa_clap

Thanks, Grizzly. I should add that is not a very stiff hat. Just stiff enough to retain the open crown. I will post pics of the liner and sweatband. The liner is kind of a red gingham fabric with a stamp on it, and the sweatband is very wide, unreeded, thin and soft. I wish they had a better website. For instance the derby they made for me looks nothing like the ones they have pictured (period photos), and the site is a little clunky to navigate. Their prices are very reasonable.
I'd love to see photos of your Clearwaters!

I like your Clearwater; not quite so sure about the Panama mods :)

[huh] Well I couldn't wear it as it was! I'm thinking about getting a few pugs, or maybe pestering Rabbit for some ribbon. Actually I thought about sending this for an altogether reblock, but I'm nervous about that.

GREAT Adventurbilt today! That just looks pristine and perfect in every way.

Bowlerman! Just now saw your cool handmade band. That is awesome! It's absolutely perfect for the crease, too. Well done, m'man!

Oh yeah, kudos to Bowlerman on his hatband style. Maybe you could have a new career Jeff!

Thanks! I might well need a new career before long. :p actually it's a very amateur job, but I think these beads work best with a one-ply band. I made a three-ply beaded band a few years ago, similar in nature, but I think the bone pipe beads were too thick and too long to be very effective. Sweet RS today, Perry!

Mario-- I can't do caps, but if I could, I'd want one just like that. What a gorgeous and warm pattern.

Steve-- Just when I think your hats couldn't possibly get any better... that brownie looks like it was made from the finest baking cocoa!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great hats of late! Hurrah folks! Fall felt hats abound on this thread. Exciting to tune in.

Special nods to the brave souls Bowlerman and Casehopper. You guys show some style in your special lids. Kudos.

Best, Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, Al, thanks guys, for the nice comments! i appreciate it!

Jeff, wonderful Hat this Clearwater, I like it really on you!

Eric, well presented, the new wanderer! Sharp Hat as ever!

Alive, sharp Hat, I love the higher Crown.

Steve, congrats to this Wegener "Jackpot " Hat. Wonderful.

Alan, I wished, I have so an beautiful Hat for myself. I love all on that.

Sam, cool Beret, looks good on you!

David, It's long time ago you wear it, super!

Perry, wonderful shape at this hat. Looks really good!

Jeff, wonderful Hat this Clearwater, I like it really on you!

Eric, well presented, the new wanderer! Sharp Hat as ever!

Alive, sharp Hat, I love the higher Crown.

Alan, I wished, I have so an beautiful Hat for myself. I love all on that.

Sam, cool Beret, looks good on you!

David, It's long time ago you wear it, super!

Perry, wonderful shape at this hat. Looks really good!

+7 So many great hats / berets!

Manfred, Scooter, Mando, David, Perry, Mario, Randall, Thanks!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Dogs out in the water while I was removing a couple of dock sections in anticipation of the coming winter. Here in Mn snow usually arrives around Halloween. Try as I might, my dog did not want a pic this morning as well. Here is a profile of myself and Horatio after swimming and chores.

IMG3032-M.jpg

I have to get Fall clean-up going! Eric -

( Vs Wanderer (w/a twist) in Granite colored felt.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore