Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very cool, Che. Portis had some great ribbons back in the day.

TAR Tuesday and green Stratoliner for me on a rainy NH morning.

smugshot_6453089-L.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Che, That is a great looking Portis. The ribbon work is surely different then you find these days.
Davis, Your strat appears to be well suited for the weather.
gtdean, Good looking TAR. looks to be a good choice for a Tuesday.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
lauro, nice Kromer. In Germany was this style, a Cap for the Army.

Che, you look so sharp with this hat and suit! Great photos, Brother!

David, very nice this Strat, lovely color too! You look good with that!

Tom, good looking Biltmore today!

EggHead

Practically Family
Thank you all!
BTW, the mysterious pelt on the wall is from Wolverine.
These animals are rarely encountered by humans because they live in hard to reach places and are small in numbers.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Ebbet's Field Flannels 1940 SF Seals ball cap. I know most of you gents probably don't wear ball caps but if you do these guys make a nice cap.
E90B4C49-0A19-4AEB-88B6-889D26B3F7A9-2733-000001464C978C8E.jpg

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
"Old Hat"

Here are a couple of older, "task-oriented" hats that are not fedoras.

First up is my old dog walkin' hat, seen here on a tour of the coastal artillery battery overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Store-branded, it's pigskin with a wire-reinforced brim edge. Purchased from the Cape Union Mart during a trip to South Africa in 1998. Rainproof, oceanproof, and most likely dateproof:

DSC_0467-332x500.jpg

Filson Packer hat in "tin cloth." I would still own this one if a cat hadn't filled it with "friendly fire," the smell of which would never scrub out.

Still have one in "shelter cloth" (i.e. their midweight waxed cotton; lighter than "tin cloth" and heavier than "cover cloth"), although they always bloody shrink and it now perches on the top of the pin of my head like some demented, brimmed yarmulke. This picture was taken by my former brother-in-law on the north rim of the Grand Canyon, summer of 2002:

535554_10151227010579660_1325202366_n.jpg

My "driving hat," ca. 2005 (possibly late 2004), worn according to non-native custom near the base of Sinjar Mountain, the holy center of Y'zedi spiritual tradition.

SSGLEWISPOSTING.jpg

I gave Daughtergirl the soft cap version of this when I redeployed (DCU "baseball" cover with name tape and cat eyes stitched to the back), and she still wears it all over the place. Gets her into conversations with her liberal arts classmates on a regular basis...

Oh, and I picked up a caramel beige, unbashed Akubra yesterday at Byrnie Utz (darn you bunch of enablers!). Possibly even more comfortable than my silky Stetson Firenze. Will post a picture when I get my technology in order.

Cheers,

Jack

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Bowlerman, That Lee is very nice!

Thanks Chepstow

Randooch, it's definitely outside the norm which was my intention with this hat.

Thanks Hatophile, it's just a sports coat but it's currently my favorite.

Nice Stormy Kromer Lauro, it's nice to have variety in the WHAYWT thread.

For Thin Ribbon Tuesday I'm wearing my new Stetson 10X

IMG_5286.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG

IMG_5297.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou