Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sam, that's a nice one.
I wore my Carlson Homburg today. Kind of a tan/natural felt.

003aet.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
My new 1950s? Penney's Marathon. Don't know if it would be called a Homburg, or what style it would be considered, but it seems homburgish to me.

Whatever it may be, I love it!

04810.jpg

05410.jpg

05510.jpg

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Great hats guys.

Che, that hat is gorgeous. Looks great with that outfit too.

Josh, the the Stephen L. Stetson looks great. Good job on the reblocking.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Lauro, a nice Cap today!

Steve, what the name said, Echter ( real ) Borsalino. And what a beauty!

Jaxworx, very nice photos. PS. Is your Dog ok ?

Same, very nice 10x, looks perfect on your head also the Miller looks very good!

Jeff, you see me speechless! That is a sharp," what I say ", darn sharp Homburg! I really love this hat!

Splinter, looks very good the new one, but It is no Homburger! it's a Fedora.

Tom, sharp Akubra, looks very good!

Mike, very good Stetson. You look good with that!

Catching up after a weekend on the road. Too many great photos to comment on individually... but you all look mahvelous. Gotta call out those shots of Che and the cable car. What a fantastic setting for a portrait.

Thanks for posting.

Portrait of the artist with his old man's portrait of the artist as a young man.

111112_1.jpg

Lily and me... taking a break from college dance auditions to visit my Dad.

111112_2.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Catching up after a weekend on the road. Too many great photos to comment on individually... but you all look mahvelous. Gotta call out those shots of Che and the cable car. What a fantastic setting for a portrait. Thanks for posting.

+1.

I too have been traveling the past week and am enjoying the show. Thanks fellows. Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home again. I enjoy coming home and checking out the Minnesota vista and conifers. Love the topography and fauna here in my home area.

IMG_3445-M.jpg

Out and about in the very moderate 40'F temps this monring.

Best wishes, Eric -

(Hatted in my VS Whippet inspired moss green hat.)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
That's a great cap, Alan! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Lily is absolutely stunning.

That is exactly what I wanted to say, thanks Josh!

Alan, sharp self portrait( with great Cap ) of the artist with his old man's portrait of the artist as a young man.

Eric, wonderful Whippet for the middle of the week!

scooter

Practically Family
Alan, terrific photo of you and Lily.

Here I am coming back from Skyfall and dinner with my beloved, wearing my Whippet and, if I may, a pair of trousers that haven't fit in 10 years. That is Bindi, our Aussie, with me. She loves having her picture taken.

20121113_194346.jpg

Thank you Josh. Thank you Manfred. I purchased a number of caps from Dinerman a while back... this Harold Cap has the biggest profile of the bunch.

My fall has been a string of weekend journeys to different schools with Lily... exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. Thank you for your comments. She is a beautiful subject when she agrees to a photograph, which is not all that often. The temperament of the artist is changeable. At one point my iPhone was almost tossed into Long Island Sound. More photos to follow. :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Manfred. You are a gentleman and a scholar, and a man of very fine taste yourself, not to mention way too kind! I do love this homburg.

Splintercellz, I really like this Lee with the backbow. You could give it a variety of creases, too. Have you tried almost parallel side dents?

Very nice portraits, Alan, and the cap looks great!

Eric, the dark moss is a very sharp, very wearable hat. Nice choice! I'm going to go with the same...

Scooter, +1! Great hat, and tell me your secret!

Baron Hats dark moss bowler.

001xjx.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Manfred. You are a gentleman and a scholar, and a man of very fine taste yourself, not to mention way too kind! I do love this homburg.

Eric, the dark moss is a very sharp, very wearable hat. Nice choice! I'm going to go with the same...

Baron Hats dark moss bowler.

Jeff; I do like your pics with the bowlers. It works for you.

Moss Green - congrats sir. Lovely rich color in person. Art prepares the felt in such a way that the surface while being smooth has a roughness that adds visual appeal. It catches the eye. The moss green is very versatile with shades of clothing. To my eye it is a classy rich color and conjurs up images that benefit some of my more slumming attires. Good for you. Anticipation is fun, but wearing the hat is even more.

Best, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic