Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Here it is a gray hat day. Dreary and damp... Dunlap Wanderer. Two views as I try to muster a smile.
Nice Gray.
Sun and in the upper 40's after ice/rain thunder last night--should visit you shortly.

Lee Trinity
P1050429.JPG

scooter

Practically Family
Alan, a wonderful Wanderer!
Robert, a lovely Lee or terrific Trinity, I'm not sure!
Eric, a truly bonnie Borso!
A sublime Squatter, Sam, that cut down brim looks great!
Magnificent Martino, Perry! I love those deep greens for some reason.
A ravishing Resistol, Tom!
A boss Biltmore, David! I keep toying with the idea of a black hat, but haven't followed up on it yet!

scooter

Practically Family
Here's my Borso that Mike at Northwest hats reworked for me. Slight upsize, new sweat and a new ribbon. This hat is SOOOO lightweight, the felt almost feels like tissue. It is so soft and pliable, you have to be careful handling it as it wants to retain every depression.

the pic is my homage to Ale.
20130127_123021.jpg

20130127_123008.jpg

The second hat is another Mike reworked. An old Stetson that was too big with a cracked sweat, and a 3 1/4 in brim. Mike cut down the brim, sized it down slightly, new sweat, ribbon, and double brim binding (which I love). All in all, I'd say it was a very successful endeavor, and I am so pleased with his work.

20130127_122758.jpg

20130127_122736.jpg

20130128_132215.jpg

20130128_132205.jpg

memphislawyer

Practically Family
That double edge ribbon binding looks better on your head than just sitting there. I think it does not call attention to itself, but yet, has interesting visual appeal. What a nice job.

I wonder if your Borso, being pliable like you said, is how the lite felts are? I dont want a stiff hat like a Stetson and the Buckaroo hat I had made is very soft but holds its shape up well

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm with the dark and grey crowd today: Champ "Blackhawk."

003uji.jpg

Robert, it's nice to see that Lee Trinity. I owned one for a time, but it was two sizes too big no matter how much I tried to inflate my head. Had to let it go. That's a beautiful hat.

Also, scooter, the hat with the double brim binding is very sharp, and not the least bit distracting on you. Really nice flange, too.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Velour & Heather

Playing hooky with Lydia and getting an early start to the weekend. 1920s-1930s A. France/Bodin Marseilles "Haute Luxe" Austrian Velour.

At our club in St. Paul.

Checking out the finishing touches on the restoration of the original, above ground pool from 1917.

Hanging out at our friend Jim's Art & Architecture in Minneapolis before heading home to pick up Ryan from school.

Early Saturday morning, supporting our school and our kids at the annual solo/ensemble competition. 1920s-1930s Dobbs Heather.

The event is always held at one of the larger area high schools.

Instead of having lunch amongst the legions of rambunctious teenagers, we headed off-campus. Lydia chose a very nice Italian place for some tasty pasta.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Back after lunch to enjoy more outstanding music making from the kids.

Arriving at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater for the Saturday evening performance of "Bye Bye Birdie".

Ordering our supper before the show.

Sunday morning just before the storm. An overture of freezing rain and sleet. A. France/Bodin Marseilles "Haute Luxe" Austrian Velour redux.

We called on a couple of friends who just underwent major surgery, with warm bread and hot soup, as the snow started to come down with increasing intensity.

The roads were becoming treacheous.

Thick and luxurious Austrian velour for a driving snowstorm.

Last edited:
Yes, I think 30s Rock is going to be Al's new nickname. :D Two greats in what is certainly an oustanding collection of hats in a very challenging vintage size. :eusa_clap

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got in from an hour and a half of climbing around on the roof at work fixing the heat.

Same Akubra Squatter as before but with a bit of rain.
IMG_2691s.JPG

IMG_2704s.JPG

Back inside and it's time to get some hot coffee
IMG_2707.JPG

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Scooter, those are two great lids, but I especially like what Mike has done to the Stetson.

Al, lovely photos as always. I'm very envious of that Dobbs!

Sam, looking good in the Squatter! The proportions and the brim swoop really work for you.

For my Monday, it's the Optimo Dillinger:
20130128_140242.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
I am donning a Jaxon cap from the village hat store .com.

I think I paid $12.00 for it new ,I wear it to work and it takes a beating .

I wash it in wool lite let it drip dry and it's back in action ,great for the price .

DSCN1576_zps13c4cf40.jpg

All the Best , Fashion Frank.

RBH

Bartender
Today for the 70 degree Arkansas weather I have on my milan Stetson Stratoliner.
{with a Reblock by Rocky®}

With the reblock I have taken to calling this one my "Road Liner''.

Open Road...Stratoliner... get it....

Anyway it was a joy to sport a 'straw' today!!!

roadliner.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice day for dark hats, Hatto. I like the proportions of your Benedetto.

Cool shot with you Resistol, Tom B. Wish we had some of that blossom going on up here today.

Sam - thanks, a black hat is just right from time to time. You Squatter with the brim mod is looking good. Hope you enjoyed yourself on that cold roof :)

Manfred - thanks for the BlackHeart Bob comment

Eric - great Borsalino photo. On my old Borso's the wind cord has tended to fall off.

Alan - the Dunlap Wanderer is just right for the snowy day.

Robert - I've always liked the look of the Lee Trinity and yours is no exception.

Scooter - thanks for the Biltmore comment. You'd probably enjoy having a black hat for a change of vibe. Your Borsalino and Stetson are both great looking hats. Great brim style on the Stetson. I think a photo of the hat was posted before, at Mike's store?

Steve - the Huckel is very stylish.

Jeff - nice looking Champ today.

Al - some of your finest hats in today's photos.

Jared - Your Dillinger is just a fantastic looking hat. The Oxblood/Black Cherry colour range works really well for you.

FF - different look for you today.

Rusty - hope you are enjoying that 70 degrees while we have snow and bloody ice!

Splintz - good look today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy