Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Elosegui 12" Navy Beret

IMG_2749.JPG

IMG_2751.JPG

IMG_2752.JPG

When not worn pulled to one side:
IMG_2763.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sorry guys, the List is long and I am late here. So many great photos and posters!

Eric, that is a very nice Borsalino. Good to have a Windcord. and nice Strat photo!

Alan, the Dunlap looks very good on you, straight and clear lines!

Robert, very nice Lee! The ribbon color has a good contrast!

Steve, great swoop on the Hückel, he looks sharp on you!

scooter, fantastic work on both hats. The Stetson is truly an eye catcher!

Sam, very good, you are a Beret guy!

Ernest, cool Cap. You look sharp with it!

Perry, good looking Champ, fantastic felt!

David, the Black Cherry is a magical color! Looks a bit purple on your photo!

Tom, great CD and a nice hat stand.

Enrique, glad to hear that canelita goes well! You two are a team! That new hat looks very good on you!

Gene, sharp Playboy and well presented!

Justin, good dressed and hatted! Sharp looking combination.

Rusty, Straw weather in Arkansas, You look very good!

Frank, nice Cap. A good alternative to a hat!

Jared, Killer Dillinger, you rock it!

Al, fantastic photos as always! You know it!. I don't want to bore you with the same comments but I can nothing other say, as
that you look damn sharp with your France/Bodin Velour and the Dobbs!

Jeff, fantastic colored Champ! That is a nice color, not to dark and not to bright!

One Too Many
Coach, I am so glad to hear "Canelita" is feeling better and out of danger. We have 3 dogs and they are like our children, we love them dearly. I always jokingly refer to them as "two year olds with teeth."[/QUOTE
Thanks your words sound strong in all the lounge, I know exist in whole the world many people with feelings good about animals. Congratulation to think so ¡¡¡¡
Cheers ¡¡¡¡

Perry, your Champ is a winner!

Modern color (like David's cherry today) seems like good medicine for the winter blues and grays. I have only one hat that might be able to run with the saturated color felts in the modern hatter's palette... this Imperial Stetson. c. 1940.

012913.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Temperature went all the way up to 64 today,,, Of course it will be back to 25 on Friday, snow all melted so I thought I would follow in Davids lead today and wear my VS Black Cherry.....The lighting in this pic shows the hats true color....

1otzt5.jpg

And I love the job Art did with this pleated ribbon.....

2niyzwo.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Very nice hats guys

it's like an Easter parade.....

Yes, the colors are just mouthwatering!

Jared, that Optimo Dillinger is simply the crown jewel of your collection, as far as I'm concerned. I'm in awe.
David, that new Penman is up on par with your silver belly Tumwater, just top notch.
and OG, your VS BC with the matching pleated ribbon is just stunning.
Alan, you have the most amazing eye for color and coordinates. Not surprising given your photography work. What a fascinating and luscious green hat, and your color pairing with the rest of the ensemble is very resonant.
Eric, your silver belly is shining in the MN winter warmth! Again I admire that beige. I thought from Art's swatches that the silver belly might appear more grey or washed out. This one is perfect!
As for your Lee "ward" (actually I probably don't even need the quotation marks, huh?), Robert, you have been reminding me why I really gravitate toward that brand. Quality, color, and details.

I went with a color scheme closer to Perry's today, with my Dobbs guild edge. The amazing felt quality is similar to my new Knox Twenty, but this one has a slightly lower crown and the brim is a hair narrower as well. I can't find any indication on the hat as to whether it has a 15,20, etc., classification.

001urv.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Where to start with today's head wear?

David: I really like that Penman! John's meticulous attention to the details really shows.

Perry: I'm especially liking the little bit of brim swoop you've got going on. And your infectious smile too!

Eric: Always looking sharp in a VS. The slight contrast of the ribbon on your executive is a really good choice.

Alan: That's a handsome Stetson. Is that a fairly accurate representation of the color? I've never seen one like that.

Ordinary Guy: That's no ordinary hat! Great ribbon treatment.

I joined the TAR Tuesday crowd with my 50's Open Road:
20130129_133837.jpg

With just a slight dip in the middle of the brim, inspired by Alan's wonderful 7x Clear Beaver.

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
I joined the TAR Tuesday crowd with my 50's Open Road:
20130129_133837.jpg

With just a slight dip in the middle of the brim, inspired by Alan's wonderful 7x Clear Beaver.

Modern hats just can't pull off the snapped up brim as well as one from the golden era,
it's also not something you see done with wider brims these days, you pull it off well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points