Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Fantastic Monday of Hats FL Family !
All Winners !!!!

VS straw with fancy ribbon
it was nice enough to sport this

232323232%7Ffp54369%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C9657%3B9234%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3A2%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C965%3B8%3B%3B34%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp54346%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C965%3B99334%3Bnu0mrj
:cool:

Man oh man ,I thought I always look great when I'm stepping out , but you sir are the bomb with that hat and
apparel .

I love how you managed to tie in the color's with the hat band and suit ,the two tone effect of the brown and
white shoes ,with the brown and white check jacket ( btw the jacket is just awesome ) and even the tie/shirt colors are
spot on well done !

In closing I have to ask you about your skull collection .

Are those Mexican day of the dead skulls ?
I have a friend who does ink , and he has shown me some wild artwork related to those skulls.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Steve, I like the brim on your melone.

Che - great photos & I'm jealous of your straw hat weather.

Tom - I like the proportions of the FLCD too.

For TAR Tuesday it's a Borsalino for me.

smugshot_480376-L.jpg

A very fine choice, David... where did you hide the snow?

Che, always a pleasure to see you. Would love to get a closer look at that ribbon on the VS.

Tom, thanks for sharing your new hat here. After 41 pages, it's time to get it on. Looks super too.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al, you are such a classy fellow. Sorry to be late on this bus! Your pictorial makes art out of everyday experiences in your life, and all I can say about that Stetson is that with it onhead, you have set the standard! Not too many Doritos, now.

Wow, thanks for your acclamation, Jeff, and no worries!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve, wonderful shaped Möckel melone. Looks that the brim is a bit wider as normal!

Jeff, nice Dobbs with a fantastic Color.

Lauro, good work from Optimo! The hat looks like new!

Alan, great looking Derby on you, nice detail on the sweatband! The brim looks a bit out of control, could that be!

Sam, very very nice Camilla. The felt and ribbon looks great! You can be proud!

David, sharp color for your Borsalino! You look super good with him!

Che, brother. Perfect styled and dressed with your straw hat. What a stunning skull collection!

Tom, a proud hat! super shape!

Perry, fantastic looking Knox! You wear him great!

Last edited:
Al, you are such a classy fellow. Sorry to be late on this bus! Your pictorial makes art out of everyday experiences in your life, and all I can say about that Stetson is that with it onhead, you have set the standard! Not too many Doritos, now.

Perry, I just might have to visit somewhere south of crazy just to imbibe from Davy Jones' watering hole. Thar be mighty dark and hoppy waters tonight, matey!

This place is a new outdoor bar called Captain Jack's (after the Disney movie Depp character). Has the usual Tiki bar theme and actual sand shipped from the Carribean. He also has a stage with a palm frond roof. They are still waiting for permits, so we could just look, not drink unfortunately. I hope to go back in May when I return for a family visit. It will "shiver your timbers".

Alan, great looking Derby on you, nice detail on the sweatband! The brim looks a bit out of control, could that be!

You have a keen eye for detail, Manfred... yes, the brim is out of symmetry. I tried to coax it back with steam when I first received the hat, without success. Perhaps another try is in order. Thanks for looking close enough to notice!

Mystic

Practically Family
Another morning of fine hats !! :thumb:

Tom, You make me want a Campdraft. I like that hat !

David, Classic Borso!! Great pinch & brim.

Case, Nice bow accent on another fine hat.

Hato the classic hat man ad....Nice Knox Perry.

Jumping in with TAR Tuesday. Lee Trail for me:
IMG_1101_zps6e69f3d6.jpg
[/IMG]

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I took Alan's lead and went with my old light weight PH. Möckel, Homburg vor der Höhe Melone. This has become my favorite stiff felt. PH. Möckel is the maker of the original Homburg hat for Edward VII of England.

8444979523_ab46bbe0ce_b.jpg

Wonderful Melone, those older Möckel are rare indeed.

*Great hat and a few pages back so I violated my general no repost photo rule

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Resistol OR style today.

image.jpg

I've been wearing this hat a lot lately. It's a dry bash and pinch, and the felt is smooth and soft. That, the color, and the crown shape and size have made it one of my faves.

Robert, Thanks! Hopefully one day we will see an old Möckel Homburg soft felt.

Perry, Thanks again!

Manfred & David, Thanks! It does have a wide brim!

Aaron, Your Resistol OR looks great!

Alan, Fantastic Borsalino! The color combo and finish are super!

Tom, Nice dry crease work with your new Akubra Campdraft!

Perry, Super Knox! Is that a felt edge?

David, Really great color combo on your Borsalino! Super!

Sam, Your VS Camilla looks great! Beautiful ribbon / bow combo!

Mystic, Pristine Lee Trail! Fantastic!

Robert, Beautiful Borsalino! Such a plush finish! Another home run find!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana