Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Mystic, fantastic hat that Lee. I was wondering, man, looks that hat white! Is he white!

Robert, gorgeous Borsalino! Great color and ribbon!

Aaron, great and he looks so, great! Nice Job!

Alan, another stunning hat your Numesca!
You exude a calm and satisfaction, on your photos That is a pleasure to see!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Work is tugging hard at my time the past few weeks. Recreation, including visiting here on the FL, is on the loosing end. Early morning I am heading out for needed coffee. Hatted in my VS dove today.

IMG_4325-M.jpg

This aft. I am headed out for a meeting.

IMG_4328-M.jpg

Eric -

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
New Adam Executive!!

New to me, an Adam Executive homburg. It arrived yesterday with the typical homburg curl; I worked the brim this morning so that it looked more like a fedora. Was toying with the idea of cutting the brim, but I really like the way it reacted with the steam and manipulation...

F9A7DB6E.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Plus one on mystic's Lee and Alan's numesca! That's just dovely, Eric. AnA, don't you dare trim that beautiful executive curl! Nice ones, all.

Nutria tar...
img20130205115039.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Alan, Nice! That Borso is as picturesque as the background.

Manfred, Thank you. It's not white but looks it in bright light. A light Creme color maybe.

Steve, Always appreciate your acknowledgements.

AnA, Great job on the brim. That brim is not like hair, it won't grow back if you don't like the new look.

Jeff, that hat has enough character going on to be given a movie contract.

Eric, Beautiful! I like that ribbon and bow.

Iain

New in Town
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen of the lounge,
This is my first proper post on the forum despite joining up some time ago. Today I've been wearing my new Campdraft, ordered from Hats Direct about a week ago, arrived yesterday just in time for TAR Tuesday. I went with a Diamond Crease.

SAM_1772_zps9d6197aa.jpg

SAM_1778_zps782d99df.jpg

SAM_1779_zps97091018.jpg

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Regarding the theme days, would one of you fine gentlemen be so kind as to list them and explain them to me? For example, what is TAR Tuesday?

Many thanks!

RBH

Bartender
Welcome Iain.. always good to see a fellow thin ribboner !!

Regarding the theme days, would one of you fine gentlemen be so kind as to list them and explain them to me? For example, what is TAR Tuesday?

Many thanks!

TAR is a phrase coined by GTDean at FedoraFest....
Thin A$$ Ribbon
Not to be confused with ..
WAR....
Wide A$$ Ribbon... also coined by Tom.
What part moonshine played in the coinage of the words I can not say. ;)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
It's been a while...

...since I posted my hat of the day, primarily because I have found myself wearing the same hat most days, a Lee Water-Bloc Ten. But here are a few I've worn recently.

First, a Ruxton Hats bowler, from, I believe, the '20s. I wore it for a New Year's Eve train ride on the Hocking Valley Scenic Railway.

NewYearsEve2012RuxtonHatsBowler1920s-1.jpg

Unfortunately, during the course of the evening most of the sweatband separated from the hat. Not sure how I'm going to fix that.

On January 23rd, an Adam Premier Executive flat-top with back bow. I believe the last time I wore/posted it was in January 2010.

AdamPremierExecutiveFlatTopwithBackBowJan232013.jpg

Yesterday and today, a Stetson Playboy VitaFelt. Posting photos from both days as the one from today shows the color better, I think.

StetsonPlayboyVitafeltgreen4Feb2013.jpg

StetsonPlayboyVitafeltgreen5Feb2013.jpg

I've gone back a few pages, anyway, and checked out the hats--some great ones being posted!

Cheers,
Tom

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Welcome Iain.. always good to see a fellow thin ribboner !!

TAR is a phrase coined by GTDean at FedoraFest....
Thin A$$ Ribbon
Not to be confused with ..
WAR....
Wide A$$ Ribbon... also coined by Tom.
What part moonshine played in the coinage of the words I can not say. ;)

Thanks for the insight, RBH. What are the other themed days?

Monte

A-List Customer
photo1_zps424164ee.jpg

This is a Walton Cordova I found in a hat box at a local thrift shop. Got two for $9. The sweat is more fragile than my Stetsons but the felt is beautiful and soft. Probably fits me as well as any hat I own!

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Tango, Tom, nice hats you wear! All looks good on you but the Playboy is my favorite hat.

Ian, welcome, here! Good photos and a good start posting with the nice CD. Looks good on you!

Jeff, cool hat with signs that you wear him gladly!

AnA, that is the first time, that I see a Homburg, with a swoop downwards! The look is ok but, please, have pity with the Homburger!

Eric, I am always fascinated from you VS Dove! Sharp hat!

Monte, nice hat. What is it for a color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto