Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Eric, the snow comes return, also in Germany! Snow shoveling is a good training! Sharp VS!

Preparing to walk with the Dog! VEB Luckenwalder Velour. 1953

I love the color ,even from here it looks very rich!

Very nice hat indeed Manfred.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

P.S. I was stationed in Germany for two years ,right outside of Stuttgart in Essligen and I loved it and the food ,but of course the beer hall's were out of this world.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
EBay Whippet that I just got back from Optimo! Cleaned, blocked and a sweatband replacent and its good as new!
86718D38-FB8D-4371-B170-3E7A8A7EFABD-1512-0000014E16EADCE4_zpsac8b3c6c.jpg

B74030D3-0CAE-44BE-9D58-4281DC55120A-1512-0000014E2D22508A_zps3852bd87.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
The Band Does it For Me

I had to step out for trip to our hardware store for nuts and bolts for a new womens's gymnastics uneven-bar set. Woo-hoo -- new asset!

IMG_4335-M.jpg

Wearing the just arrived Hempstead. A Fedora Lounge member, Ofcoursemyhorse, was kind enough to offer it for sale to me. This is a hat that I really will get some wear out of. The felt is deliciousely light. Great brim stiching. Six rows of stiching with a raw brim - very cool features. It is a cream brown (like a chocolate milk shack) sporting a COOL three ribbon dressing. When time permits I will post more about the hat.

Note: Bright light oversaturates the brown color. The outside pic, while in brite light, is closer to the real color.

Best, Eric -

Hey ,glad you got it and nice of him to offer it to you !
I love a hat with that style of band ,I have a few straws with banding like that and the gentlemen poster ,
posted a brown wide brim straw yesterday with that same style of band .

BTW that was very nice of our fellow lounger to offer it to you .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al, Classy hat , classy ribbon treatment, classy photos. Always a Class act.

You are too kind, my friend. Thank you! Love your Mallory Ten. You wear the hat with real swagger.

AL, I hope you took that letterpress home. It looks great with your Trimble. ;)

In addition to the Golding "Pearl" letterpress there is a beautiful printer's type cabinet complete with contents as well as a letterpress cabinet covered with gorgeous, mellow old paint and packed with dozens of letterpress plates that Lydia is eyeing. It sure would be nice to acquire all three as they came from the same source, but we are debating where we would house all the equipment.

Thanks for your kind words. A stunning Homburg you sported today!

OR for Western Wednesday.

Your hats never fail to impress, Perry.

Al - Your Trimble is a stunner! Glad to see it again. Great shots that day.

Thank you. I like your ADAM Homburg. You should be able to find a very nice brown fedora with 30s proportions without any trouble, I think.

Al, in addition to the cool backbow, that is a very sweet ribbon.

Jeff, thanks for the nod. You cut a striking profile with your Falcon Park!

Delectans, love the ribbon!

Many thanks, Tom, and it is great to see you back posting! Very nice ADAM today.

This is to not to ignore anyone, but with my schedule, it is hard to get on as frequently as I'd like, so I get WAY behind on congratulatory messages. Here is just to name a few;
Welcome to Iain!
Al, that ribbon is spectacular, just sublime.

I share your sentiment. Not sure how Manfred does it. [huh] Thank you for your kind comment and great portraits of a lovely couple!

Al, that is a very nice Rossolini Back Bow and looks excellent on you also the nice apron you found!
America is a great Country and it's always a pleasure to go with you on your travels!

Thanks, it is always a pleasure to have you along, my friend! What a luscious velour you wore today. That VEB Luckenwalder is outstanding, and you make it look even better!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for this long post guys - so many cool hats today!

Good hat for wide Wednesday!

Thanks, Rusty, I think the Penman is wide enough to qualify

A beauty, David.

Thank you, Al. I'm a fan of Mr Penman's work. Interesting ribbon on your Milano/Trimble, although I prefer the bow to be in the usual place.

Mystic - nice Mallory. I had one with a similar ribbon - it inspired a Black Sheep hat that I have now.

Sam - cool looking Selentino and the Resistol too

Nice ORs , Bond and Hatto

David - I really like the color combo of your hat, coat, and scarf. Classy, as always! :yo:

Thanks a lot, AnA. Your Adam is just the jobbie for WAR Wednesday

David, the Penman stamp is synonymous with classic, as is the film it's name after!

Thanks Jeff. I always liked John's Casablanca style so was thrilled to have the chance to be able to wear one. Nice to see your FP today.

Tom (Tango) - another nice Adam, even if I had to highlight the text to read your black font :)

Scooter - nice hat and great shots of you and your pretty lady

David, a classic for me your Penman, very well crafted!

Thanks so much, Manfred. I know nothing of a VEB Luckenwalder, other than it looks good

Alan - classic 7X

Eric - good hats today. Love the ribbon on the Hempstead

Robert - I can't decide if the Mossant is black or a very dark brown

Frank- we need to get you sniping at some bigger brims :)

Lauro - fantastic - love the OptiWhippet! Probably better than new because the Optimo sweatbands are nicer than the old Royal Stetson ones.

Ecto - cool looking hat. A black straw hat is on my shopping list for this year too.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
re:Adam Exec Swooper

+1
If you want a snap-brim there are plenty, you are flattening the side curl out and bending the transition points--just looks distorted and pinches the front edge curl too. Less than a Homburg and less than a Fedora.

+2, I cringed a little when I saw that photo to be honest. I'm not one to stand on tradition or formality for the sake of it, but with the brim snapped down it just doesn't work for me.

Eric: that is a lovely Hempstead. The ribbon treatment is very unique and seems to suit you well.

Sam: I've always wanted a San Antonio, but had to "settle" for an Open Road. You wear yours well!

Lauro: almost makes me want a whippet! Love the little bit of Hollywood brim.

Scooter: looks like you had a lovely evening out with your Worth and Worth. Great proportions and a nice crease on that one.

Jeff: Great ribbon on that Falcon Park. I like the little bit of swoop as well!

Alan: That Homburg is simply stunning. I don't think I've ever seen a Homburg in undyed felt like that.

I couldn't decide on a hat today, so I grabbed my Resistol OR clone, because...well, why not?
dbc882cb-694a-4ad5-b3f3-e23a6acae09a_zps8308904a.jpg

(not sure why it looks like I have a lazy eye here [huh])

lauro13

One of the Regulars
I was a bit bummed to have to replace the sweatband cause it wasn't in too bad a shape but it had started to come undone and the hat needed to be stretched a size so Optimo suggested replacing the whole thing so as to end up with a proper size 7. I figured it would detract from the hat's value but I'm glad I did it cause the new band is very nice and comfortable. I asked for them to block the brim like that. Overall the hat seems like its brand new!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Alright, guys. I've taken the mixed reviews, :decision: and I think I jumped in to the mod too fast. I just went to town with it, when I should have examined how I really wanted the hat to look on my head without disturbing the natural curves of the brim too much. Alan made a great point with a gentle break in the front and rising sides. Robert also provided some great advice. I've re-shaped it to its homburg curl with a gentler break and rising sides. This is what I should have started out with.

C55E2476.jpg

Unfortunately... :frusty: ...I did affect the ribbon edge where it was pinched. It only shows in direct light, so it's not too bad, but it is something I have to look at every time I put it on again. Next time I will be more practical. For those that complimented the fedora style, I thank you. For those that offered advice, I thank you.

:peace:

----

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alright, guys. I've taken the mixed reviews, :decision: and I think I jumped in to the mod too fast. I just went to town with it, when I should have examined how I really wanted the hat to look on my head without disturbing the natural curves of the brim too much. Alan made a great point with a gentle break in the front and rising sides. Robert also provided some great advice. I've re-shaped it to its homburg curl with a gentler break and rising sides. This is what I should have started out with.

Unfortunately... :frusty: ...I did affect the ribbon edge where it was pinched. It only shows in direct light, so it's not too bad, but it is something I have to look at every time I put it on again. Next time I will be more practical. For those that complimented the fedora style, I thank you. For those that offered advice, I thank you.

:peace:

----

Looks fantastic! Some sage advice shared, and an even greater demonstration of humility. What a great community we have! Kudos all around, Gentlemen! :eusa_clap :cheers1:

scooter

Practically Family
Manfred, that is a fine looking hat. Far to nice to be shoveling snow in, it would seem. But if you are like me, you share the stance that these hats are made to be worn, and that is their only purpose.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Monte, very sharp! You can never go wrong with a Hoburg!

Jlee, you rock that Resistol!

AnA, I liked it before, but now... I REALLY like it! Great job on the Homdora to a Fedomburg! (Some odd terms I came up with. Homdora being a homburg converted into a fedora, and fedomburg is well... yeah). [huh]

C44, very nice Dobbs you have there!

1507, You can pull the upbrim look off! Great look!!

Today, I went with the 1930s Campbell Homburg (like all the other times, haha), and my 1931 Dated Overcoat.

04211.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21