Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
AL, Homburg looks really nice - thanks for the pics.

Thank you, EggHead.

Love the boaters. Would you be able to post a shot of the inside of the Stetson Select?

It would be my pleasure to do so. Will post additional, better photos to the Boater Faction thread soon. There are some half-dozen vintage straw boaters I have yet to properly photograph and post to that thread.

Great pictures Al, those boaters are fabulous, and I love that St. Regis.

Thanks as always, Perry.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Al, such wonderful pictures! I always like seeing your posts!!

Looks sharp everyone!

Feel better Manfred! I just finally beat whatever I had going on. Was not fun at all.

Today, I went with the 20's Stetson Derby as it was very windy, and wanted to wear something that was not going to blow off my head. Thank goodness for being a size too small, because if it was my size, the wind would have snatched it away.

02210.jpg

Two thousand pictures?? You are a tireless supporter of the arts, my friend. I have a kid playing Annie Oakley in a couple of weeks. I could use your talent and stamina. Wonderful pictures as always. Especially like the exterior Jean Cocteau wall sconces. I'd like to do a hallway with those.

18828836.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
My favorite from this batch, as well, creepy and disarming all at once.

Also like the acroterium. I need some of those for my singlewide. :)

Last edited:

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Wearing a dobbs that I sanded within an inch of its life because of moth damage. It's now a very lite weight felt. New ribbon courtesy of Northwest Hats.

68C23CE3-9D47-4DAC-95EB-23427FA6D451-3878-000001E820FE9966_zpsaea2e429.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Lauro, looks good! Nice swoop,too. Good to have a thick felt for those projects.

Justin, thanks for the recovery wishes, I feel better now. A classic look for you
with the melone and you look very good with it!!

Al, fantastic photos. Nice to see you with the beautiful St.Regis on you, a perfect hat. The Millard, very sharp
and your boater finds, terrific.

C44, you look sharp with your splendid Cap.

Eric, great looking Cap too, a good choice

kolchak

New in Town
Great board! Great hats!!

I almost always go between two or three hats in a 'rotation.' Usually one falls favorite and I wear it 85% of the time vs the others. I like to really get a feel for it. For a bit now it has been this black Puerto Fino Hats fedora:

2w74nxy.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Two thousand pictures?? You are a tireless supporter of the arts, my friend. I have a kid playing Annie Oakley in a couple of weeks. I could use your talent and stamina. Wonderful pictures as always. Especially like the exterior Jean Cocteau wall sconces. I'd like to do a hallway with those.

...and another 1700 or so last night. lol Dark tonight with shows running from Thursday through Sunday, but no more photos or videos once the run begins Thursday evening. If my schedule allowed I would have loved to help with Lily's show. Thanks for the kind words, I somehow knew you would get a kick out of those sconces. Who could forget that scene from 'La Belle et la Bête'?

My favorite from this batch, as well, creepy and disarming all at once.

Also like the acroterium. I need some of those for my singlewide. :)

Thanks, Randall. I have been eyeing that acroterium for ages, but would need a forklift and heavy duty transport to haul it home. It weighs somewhere north of 600lbs.:eeek:

Al, fantastic photos. Nice to see you with the beautiful St.Regis on you, a perfect hat. The Millard, very sharp
and your boater finds, terrific.

Great to see you up and about, my friend, and thanks for your always so thoughtful and kind compliments.

Great hats from yesterday everyone - love the latest photoset, Al.

Thanks, David, and I am glad you enjoyed the pics. Good Whippet, or is it the other way around? lol

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Perry, nice sweater, nordic feeling comes up, looks good, with the hat.

Sam, very nice Lee. Looks also good with brim down. Killer hatband!

David, very dressy today, good looking combination, jacket and hat!

Kolchak, wilkommen hier! Nice photo with your hat and a good first post here.

Tom, sharp Biltmore. Silverbelly a great color for an Open Road!

Monte

A-List Customer
Great board! Great hats!!

I almost always go between two or three hats in a 'rotation.' Usually one falls favorite and I wear it 85% of the time vs the others. I like to really get a feel for it.

Now I can relate to that... nice lid and great philosophy!
Each of my hats has its own story.
I was inspired to show this "Phantom-Like" still of Gary Oldman.
Dracula1_zpsa8751f0e.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. Just back from grabbing afternoon coffee. My hat of choice this afternoon is the VS Stratoliner clone in dove. The angle of the pic below is not flattering, but the best of a dozen I took. I need to practice my "flattering pic taking skills."

IMG_4445-M.jpg

Great hats today! Love the variety and clever pics.

Best to all, Eric -

Stetson Plastic Felt

022013.jpg

plasticfelt6.jpg

plasticfelt5.jpg

plasticfelt1.jpg

Earlier post by Lefty.

A post-war experiment, which seems to have been released with both Mallory and Stetson tip stickers, likely after 1946. Heavily spiral stitched, it holds a nice shape almost 70 years later. More photos and thoughts to follow shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner