Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, I always have to do a double take with that beautiful semi-calado, because at first glance it appears to be a dualist!. What a great hat.

Thanks, Jeff. Yes, it's hard to capture any detail in the weave of the brim with the phone camera. Panama all the way though!

Robert - super Optimo Panama

Sam - I really like your new Campdraft with the wider ribbon

David, killer weave on your VS, great looking hat!

Thanks, Manfred! Up to about 95F today so the perfect hat.

Cool looking boater, Alan

David - nice weave - looks suitably cool

Thanks MoK. doesn't usually get this warm so early in the season, but the semi-calado is just the job. You can still wear felts? I was walking along the beach in Essex a few weeks ago (I grew up in Harwich) and it was way too windy for a fedora - cold too!

g.durand

One Too Many
Well, this thing about Fawcett Friday, and having this new hat, well, there was only one choice:

VS Wall and Broad
wampb_zps20690d53.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the compliments ont he Mallory!

David, very nice. I like that robbon color!

Dean, great lookin' lid!

Robert, very nice lid. Great weave!

Case, that campdraft looks sleek after modification!

Alan, very elegant boater! I really like that one!

ManofKent, very nice lid. That green just pops!

G.Durand, 'gratz on the new lid. Lookin' very sharp!

Today, I went with the Mallory again. I just can't get enough of this hat, but I shan't post another photo of it, if I did, I may drive ya'll mad, due to my inability to choose another hat!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, looks fantastic. The Boater with his fine weave is an excellent hat!

Manof, great photos. That unknown Brand looks really good on you!

g-durand, like your VS with the smaller dimension. Fits you great!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Went bowling tonight. Last time was about 20 odd yrs ago. Rolled a 69, 51, and a 24 through 5 frames before admitting defeat. Have to say I was consistent. Forgot to put a pack of Lucky Strikes in my shirt pocket. Modern Borsalino Panama.

g.durand

One Too Many
BR, Justin, and Manfred--thanks to you, all.

Mike--It doesn't matter what your scores were. All that counts is you looked good doing it! Looks like you got some warmer weather. I had a brother-in-law in Everett and my wife used to make some work-related trips to Seattle every now and then. Every time I went up there it was warm and sunny, but of course those trips were made May-September.

It will be about 90 degrees F here today. Wearing a vintage Dobbs Panama.
dobbs_zps30d02a33.jpg

Last edited:

Banky

One of the Regulars
So those of you who remember my thread searching for an Indy hat (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?71810-WTB-Indy-Raiders-style-hat-sz-7-3-8) There was a specific reason. As you'll see in the pic below, I'm a bigger guy. The girlfriend and I have taken up hiking as a means of becoming healthier. Below are a couple pics of our hike of Wisconsin's Ice Age trail The Loew Lake segment. The Ice Age trail is a 1000 mile trail crisscrossing Wisconsin showcasing our glacial formed landscape, it's absolutely beautiful. The Fed IV deluxe everyone advised me on has worked out great. I've now hiked and sweated ~17 miles into it and it's not been affected at all. So without further ado:

I have quite a few more, just didn't want to overload you guys with pictures.

Banky

One of the Regulars
Sure, here's a few more. Not any more hat pics, I'm intensely self conscious and only let her take pics of me at the trail heads. These are a few of my favorites, the last picture shows Holy Hill. A catholic shrine to Mary built in the 30's I believe it is. Now maintained by a group of monks whose name escapes me presently. The location was also used as an Army observatory in the 1800's. A beautiful place where I think anyone from Wisconsin has been to at least once, especially in the fall when the colors come on.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Banky, the Fed looks great.

Hot Hot Hot around here again today. We went to an outdoor family party so the VS Semi-Calado was an easy choice again

smugshot_6886325-L.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
g., a fine vintage panama. Appreciate the sentiment, figured style over substance. Funny I was the only one in the alley with a bowling shirt. Guess times change. Weather here may have finally broke, mid 60's again. Fine with me.

Banky, fine way to use a hat.

David, knew your Semi-Calado would see a lot of action.

Had to dress up a bit today so donned the Whippet.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Mike, excellent outfit, looks very good with the Whippet!

David, no heavy choice, it would be my choice, too. A lovely choice!

Banky, great photos and a great hat of course. The right one for these action!

g-durand, a nice one your vintage Dobbs, also the pug looks very good!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp, Mike! The hat's proportions are excellent on you.

Banky, no need to feel self-conscious; the Fed IV looks great.

David, now I want one of those high-ventilation models. Perfect summer party hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy