Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks B'man, Manfred, ManOfKent and Splinter.

DJH: Your Dualist is one of my favorite of the dualists I've seen.

For today Wegener Melone:
IMG_6177.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

ManofKent

That's fantastic, MoK!

And thank you for humoring me with the Big Brown Boy. I am thinking of opening a hat petting zoo - Saturdays from 9 to noon. All welcome to stop by and cop a feel. :eusa_doh:

Thanks.

With that brim you can open a petting zoo in more than one county ;)

Orangegrad

Practically Family
These are some very nice summertime fedoras, gentlemen.

In Cleveland we're finally going to have warm weather over the weekend, or so the weather people tell us. Until then, it's still felt season for me.

My new Akubra Fed IV Deluxe in Moonstone. I haven't yet settled on a bash, but it won't be Indy, whatever it ends up. For now, a very traditional center crease.

ManofKent

Josh - Very striking, although I confess it took me more than one viewing to decide whether I liked the extreme teardrop - I do. What's the crown height?
Mike - You pull off stingies really well. The perceived wisdom that they only suit people with narrow faces is in my not so humble opinion nonsense. Obviously I'm speaking as someone who can't be described as having a small head or narrow face himself as well :)
Jlee - great ribbon
Matt - Nice purchase - it suits you well
Frank - sorry not a clue about the brand but it looks good
Justin - Nice hat and a fantastic liner
Gd - Great ribbon
David - Two dualists in a day - very nice.
Sam - Lovely Melone. Any idea of it's age?
Perry - Looks great. You own that style.
Javier - Very sharp. Nice photo too.
Bowlerman - I like that broad ribbon

Royal Stetson genuine Balibuntal

Common sense and the weather forecast for the weekend has put the giant Nutria back on the rack and encouraged me to get this Stetson straw ready for travel. I steamed and adjusted the flange and replaced the red patterned pugaree with a cream piece from a milan I seldom wear. Should be a good summer travel hat - nice and light at 2.4 ounces.

062013.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
G, I really like the ribbon on that VS. Adds some unique character!

David, perfect example of what a Dualist should be! Very nice!

Case, swell Melone!

Perry, lovin' that PB!

Javier, beautiful Borsalino!

Jeff, that is one of my favorites as well!

Orange, the Fed looks great on you!

Alan, I really like how that hat turned out. Making me want a Milan more and more!

ManofKent

Orangegrad -the centre bash looks good.

Alan - nice choice of pugaree, it works well with that shade of straw.

------------------------

Warm and humid with occasional heavy showers - not good for a panama so I went for a Christy's linen cap to go with a linen suit:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mike, and what a great feeling it is! Very nice Huckel!

Mike - You pull off stingies really well. The perceived wisdom that they only suit people with narrow faces is in my not so humble opinion nonsense. Obviously I'm speaking as someone who can't be described as having a small head or narrow face himself as well :)

Thanks Justin and Richard, I love my stingys and I'm definitely a fat face. Not sure who made the rules but if I followed them I'd likely not be wearing any of my hats. Richard, your nicely put out as usual today with your linen cap. Cheers.

Great hats all around as usual, the bar here is high, but have to agree with Alan, Jeff's Dobbs milan is a WOW hat.

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Georgia World Congress Center, Bldg. C

Had to visit the Georgia World Congress Center today. These were taken in Bldg. C. The lighting was superb for my iPhone. The granite color of my Falcon Park showed beautifully...

image_1-15.jpg

image-18.jpg

image_4-11.jpg

These pictures don't show just how HUGE this building is. The ceilings are around 40ft on one end and then jump to around 80ft in the open area. Just to gauge a reference point, look at how small the common area seats are. The hall was incredibly big, and this is only one fraction of Bldg. C. There are two other buildings, as well...

image_2-16.jpg

image_3-14.jpg

Stock Photo...

GWCC3.jpg

Facility Info...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWCC

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Petra

Wearing a Dobbs TAR refurbed by bond, I recently spent some time in Israel and Jordan. Here's a small taste of the trip.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
In Tibet, at a mountain pass that is over 17,000 feet. If I look stiff, it's cuz I was. There was a cold wind blowing and it was hard to breathe that high up:
IMG_1601.jpg

The world's highest salt water lake, Namtso:
IMG_1631.jpg

on the way up to a monastery in Tibet:
IMG_1440.jpg

at Potala Palace, in Lhasa:
IMG_1363.jpg

Songzanlin Monastery, in Shangri La:
IMG_1268.jpg

in the old city of Shangri La:
IMG_1191.jpg

If memory serves, this is Turtle Mountain temple: