Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Man, I have missed a lot the past few days. So many noteworthy contributions. In the meantime, I think Mr. Watson really nailed this Forrest Bondurant hat. It has been nice to see the variations on this iconic character lid. Thanks for posting, RABowling, and thanks for bringing a new hatter to our attention! If you would be willing to post photos here, http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?24894-movie-hats-that-inspired-you.../page69 it would be great!

Just got this Forrest Bondurant style custom made from Eric Watson at Watson's Hat Shop in Cave Creek, AZ. Natural color 100% beaver with a copper ribbon.

Please excuse the lame phone picture.

View attachment 3602 View attachment 3603 View attachment 3604

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My War Wednesday contribution
Brent Black Montecristi

smugshot_3223130-L.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good morning Gents! Once again you guys have nailed it...

DJH, I love the Montecristi...Brent Black is the Cadillac of Panamas.

Orangegrad, Fed IV's are classic! One of my favorites!

I posted this in another thread yesterday, but I'm wearing my City Sport again today on this beautiful morning in Central Ohio...

View attachment 3669

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, this shot reminds me of IndyCop! RBH will back me up on this ;)

Well... We are both big guys, share the same head size and have similar facial hair... Due to all of this Indycop talk and today being WAR Wednesday I pulled out the Indycop custom fat ribbon Campdraft.

IMG_7309.JPG

IMG_7307.JPG

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I always enjoy your westerns-- really like this brown nutria that "won't come off your head!"
An'A, the Cav and photo are absolutely stunning.
G. Durand, king of the Lees! The Trinity is a very fine hat. I owned one briefly in a rare and beautiful greyish plum color, but alas, it was two sizes too big, and I sold it.
Jared, that OR really sings. It's worth the mouthful of money!
gtdean, +1 on that CD the other day. I, too, really admire the way it looks with that arena crease. Well done.
Sam, IMO that modified CD is one of your signature lids, up there of course with your VS's and that Carmack. There's something just so "right" about it, I think.
Alan, congratulations, super hat, and I have a few in my house who would be most excellent contributors to your bobby pin "problem." When can I send 'em over? ;)
Al, Lefty, HatsRMe, Hamilcarbarca, David, OG, Perry, T Jones, tomb1013, all wonderful.
SpeedrcrX, great Dualist, nice to see you posting here.
My apologies if I missed anyone.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
T Jones - I really enjoy your cap photos, as you wear them well. I'm thinking I'll grow my beard this fall. Maybe it will help with the caps.
Thanks Orangegrad...I still believe you would look good in one. It's just a matter of finding the right cap. I think you would look good something like the City Sport I'm wearing.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Inspired by alive n amplified's falcon park, I'm going with my wide ribbon grey on grey Brill's fifteen. Back bow and a sweet brim that pencil curls in the back.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeff looks great.

Some great hats over the past few days - I won't pick out favourites, but I can honestly say I've not seen one that didn't look good.

--------------------------------------

I've barely left the house in the last few days due to joint problems, so haven't been wearing anything other than a cheap straw in the garden. Today I finished bashing the new Tawny Fawn Fed and hobbled out to the yard to take a photo:

Went with a deepish centre bash dropping slightly at the front and rear with moderately deep pinch - sort of a toned down Indy bash I suppose.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Richard, it looks fantastic. Hope the joints are moving easier now.

Garrett, you're killing me! My Lord that is a hat.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2c

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
You wear that one well JLee!!!
Thanks Rusty!
Don't know that I've seen that OR on you, Jared. Or maybe I have with a different angle. Looks great! :thumb:
Thank you, kind sir, it's made a few appearances here and there.
Jared, that OR really sings. It's worth the mouthful of money!
It was one of those great eBay snags...I think this cost me $70, plust $50 for cleaning...all told, not too bad!
AnA, g-durand, TJ, Jared, Tom, David, Andy, Sam and Tomb, some exclusive hats today my friends, I enjoy everyone's hat, all looking good, guys!
Thanks Manfred!

Today's hat (although not today's picture), Borso Torino:

Andy, looking good in the Fed. I like the crease you've put in it, very distinctive.

Sam, nice WAR!

TomB, always nice to see one of Art's hats. I've thought about getting a Hitchhiker for myself.

Jeff: very cool pencil roll brim! Hmm...I may need to save that picture to show Bob at Black Sheep in case I get a hankering for a new custom.

Richard: I empathize with you on the joint problems, my friend, I need a new knee brace myself. But you've got another fine Fed.

Garrett: WOW! A much taller crown than I could ever pull off, but that is a fantastic lid. Looks like it came out of a time capsule.

g.durand

One Too Many
G. Durand, king of the Lees! The Trinity is a very fine hat. I owned one briefly in a rare and beautiful greyish plum color, but alas, it was two sizes too big, and I sold it.

Thanks, b-man, but's it's a small kingdom, I'm afraid. Still, I want more of them!

Manfred--thanks, as always.

All good ones today, gents. This as is as close as I got to actually wearing a hat today.
A real John B. product, '50s or so.
Photo1-186_zpsbb8851c1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112