Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Super lid, G. I finally got around to measuring mine to answer your question about the brim. It's a dimensional, and by my clumsy measure 2-1/2" in front and 2-5/8" on the sides. The front of the bash is 5", 4-1/8" in back. Although recycling the photo, I was wearing this VS whiskey this afternoon...
View attachment 3784

Thumbs up to the whiskeys fellas. That is a very appealing shade, a nice alternative to the darker chocolate brown which I initially liked but now seem to find to be too dark for my taste. Maybe its just because its summertime. HatsRme is that very common to have a dimensional brim shorter in front like that? I have an older hat that also is about 1/8 shorter in front, and have always wondered if it was suppused to be like that

Orangegrad

Practically Family
g.durand - I love that VS Whiskey color with the ribbon trim. Just perfect. I have a wanderer or order now, and I'm thinking a whiskey color Southwestern theme fedora will be my next.

It may actually rain here in Cleveland today. It's been a while since it has. It's been cool, but dry. We just installed a full waterproofing system (the water table is rising, and water literally would seep through the basement floor). Cost a fortune, but the nice thing is that the life-time warranty is for the house, not the owner - so when I sell in a few years, the warranty will pass to all subsequent owners. What I'd love to see is heavy rain to prove that this razzle dazzle system works.

Wearing what could be my most comfortable fedora - Borso Alessandria.

View attachment 3810

View attachment 3811

HatsRme is that very common to have a dimensional brim shorter in front like that? I have an older hat that also is about 1/8 shorter in front, and have always wondered if it was suppused to be like that

Yes, the dimensional brim, as it is known, is a scant bit wider on the sides than in the front and back. Non-dimensional brims are the same measure all around.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Akubra Fed IV
IMG_7486.JPG

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
More like sun in my eyes and still waking up :D
Nice whiskey yesterday by the way. I agree with Zombie_61. Whiskey is one of the nicest hat colors out there.

Looks like a SERIOUS day, Sam... great proportions for you, sir. Excellent photo!

ManofKent: Again, that Fed IV works very well for you.

B'man: Love the new Tumwater. I need to get ahold of TonyB again and get something worked out...

Jedwbpm: That barbecue looks like fun!

Delectans: If I were out in that heat I'd be wearing one of my beater hats and not a panama like yours. You're a braver man than me. Nice photos and looks like fun.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, thanks my friend for the kind words!

Charlie, lovely VS and nice hatstand in the back!

g-durand, wonderful VS too, love the ribbon felt combination!

Jeff, great hats and nice photos! Hats in Action!!

Jeff, hammer Tumwater, a beauty round around!

Richard, that hat is super, a great look and color, a top Wegener!

Sam, a thumbs up on the Fed!

Andy, I love that Borsalino! Fantastic Hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner