Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orangegrad, you -like many of the fellas on here- have an impressive collection of hats, but your wearable art is truly inspiring. When I see your pics of hats and NativeAmerican jewelry they make me want to pull ou the open road, load up the old ford, and head west. Of course with the price of gas now I'd be lucky to get to the west side of town.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last night after escaping from the place where a kid can be a kid: Worth & Worth Cotton newsboy
IMG_7495.JPG

Today: CRM Greta
IMG_7502.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG

I guess I lied when I said "semi"... After careful measure, the brim is either 1-15/16", or more likely, 2" exactly all around. That qualifies as a jen-yoo-wine stingy in my book.

Thanks for the kind words!

Good morning Gents! All you guys are looking great! Love the Lee Corral g.durand. Your Squatter looks great Orangegrad. I wish mine was that color instead of Black!

For me this warm and muggy morning from Central Ohio, I'm sportin' my OR looking Royal Stetson...still don't understand why Stetson just didn't call it an Open Road. It sure looks like an OR to me.

View attachment 3849
looks close enough to me. Great hat

I guess I lied when I said "semi"... After careful measure, the brim is either 1-15/16", or more likely, 2" exactly all around. That qualifies as a jen-yoo-wine stingy in my book.

Thanks for the kind words!
I'd say jen-yoo-wine just right, like little bear furniture

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
[Converted] Emerson --- Star Quality Eight-Fifty

This is a former Emerson homburg that I just finished renovating and converting. It was really dirty and literally falling apart. I've tried some renovations in the past, but none that I was truly pleased with. This process was very enjoyable and the finished result is exactly what I wanted. I will post more pics in the Conversion Corral at some point this week...

6F5D6EC0.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Orangegrad, you -like many of the fellas on here- have an impressive collection of hats, but your wearable art is truly inspiring. When I see your pics of hats and NativeAmerican jewelry they make me want to pull ou the open road, load up the old ford, and head west. Of course with the price of gas now I'd be lucky to get to the west side of town.

Many thanks for the compliment, dh66. I can hardly wait until December 27 when my wife and I will fly out to Las Cruces, New Mexico for a week. We're thinking that in a few years it might be time to leave the cold and snow (and no sun) of Cleveland behind, and so we're taking a vacation and looking at the real estate market. We'll be staying at a B&B in the foothills of the Organ mountains. On Saturday and Wednesday mornings they hold a crafts and farmer's market in the historic district of Las Cruces -where there will be many Native American products for me to peruse. And then we're only a few hours away from a number of trading posts in Gallup. You can expect to see a good amount of new jewelry come the new year.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
alanfgag, Orangegrad, dh66, I appreciate the compliments. Thank you. Real nice conversion on the Emerson AnA....casechopper, IMO, you look best in caps. The Worth & Worth looks great on you.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Andy; Akubra is at home in the inclement weather. Looking sharp.

TJ; The Stetson brim and dimension looks at home. I like the look of the thin ribbons you wear.

Hats; I admire the panache of the fedora front brim you are showing today. Great personal style.

Case; Appropriate place to wear a cap to. I imagine that a propoer fedora in that atmosphere could be viewed as a potential plaything by kids and adults alike. My experiences at similar "kids places" lead me to apply the following axiom, which I learned as a kid, "do not to tease dumb animals or boys." I do like the CRM.

AnA; I will view the conversion details as the fedora looks good. Congrats on the outcome.

This morning I was out early in the garden. My beater milan kept the early sun off my head and the mosquitoes at bay. This hat lives in the out building for gardening and yard projects. Not any problems with the milan, just it's floppy nature gives me the impression that it's best utility is at work.

IMG_0251-M.jpg

Eric -

Sweet Milan beater, Eric, and a beautiful bounty of tomatoes, my friend!

Killer brim on the conversion, A&A!

CaseC, The night photo is a great one... great cap for the "job!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred