Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Enjoying the evening as the temps have dipped to 79'F. A straw fedora covers me this evening. It keeps the pesky insects at bay and frankly I have it on because it feels odd not to wear a hat. The cup of Caribou Costa Rica coffee, cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon is a treat as I sit with a view of the lake.

IMG_0253-M.jpg

Our average evening low at this time of year is 62'F. Wishing for normal this evening, Eric -

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Real nice conversion on the Emerson, AnA.

AnA; I will view the conversion details as the fedora looks good. Congrats on the outcome.

Killer brim on the conversion, A&A!

AnA - Whatever it looked like before, it looks great now!

AnA, a most excellent conversion. I will check out the pics in the corral shortly. I love that ribbon!

I can't thank you enough, gentlemen!! :) I'm so glad you like it!! I really enjoyed this project, and I'm very pleased with the results. As promised, I posted my conversion in the 'Corral...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...rsion-Corral&p=1677618&viewfull=1#post1677618

Cheers! :yo:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ManoKent, the background of your pics steal my eyes from your Fine Hats, I am crazy over coastal towns yours is amazing

Thanks - Faversham is about a mile inland but it's built around a tidal creek (in the UK 'creek' is always a tidal inlet, rather than the US usage). It's not a bad little town.

Hey MoK, I just noticed your shadow! Are you peeing on the lawn?

The shadow is a walking stick, but when I downloaded the picture I thought the same :)

Eric - I love the ventilation work on that straw.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Richard - I like the bash on the BGCD!

Wearing my early '50s 3X Beaver OR today. I am getting a new appreciation for this fedora. And I must admit that it is a superior hat to my modern Camp Drafts. I just wish it weren't so expensive to purchase these in good condition as is this one. I purchased this one at a great price a year or so ago. I doubt I'll find another at such a great price.

View attachment 3873

The bolo and cuff are by Navajo silversmith legend Tommy Singer. The turquoise and coral ring was crafted by Navajo artisan Betty Begay.
View attachment 3874

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, a nice photo, looks harmonic with the coffee and the Straw!

Offcourse, very nice Miller, you wear him well!

Andy, great the 3x, nice decoration with the jewelry!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
But I couldn't help thinking that with the perspective of this photo, it almost looks like this cap might be used for electo-shock therapy
Haha ... I was thinking of an alternative to the 50's mantra: "Duck & Cover". Some kind of an antenna, protecting against radiation ... the predecessor of the tinfoil-hat(?) :D

Andy, your (western dress) fedoras suit you so well. In my eyes, they complement your head a lot better. I would stick to the fedoras, if were you - but that's just my two cents. Others will probably disagree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran