Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

One of the Regulars
Bebop said:
Douglas, you have the most wonderful hats. They all look very good on you but you look really angry. I know it's probably just the photos and people on the board that know you, know I am wrong but it seems like the elephant in the room. "Douglas looks like he is about to kill someone. How could he look so mad when he has such nice hats?" lol But he does have nice hats.

I haven't thought of it as angry so much as serious. In a James Bond sort of way.

It would be nice to see a smile once, though. :)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I assure you Bebop, I am not so angry although buy the time I get around to taking a picture I am usually stressed out and come to mention it there are a few necks I wouldn't mind wringing.;) I will make an effort to smile more but I can't guarantee it will be pretty.

Jeff, This hat is vintage I am not sure of the age but it must be some where in the Forties or early Fifties.
DSCN3673.jpg

DSCN3679.jpg

DSCN3677.jpg

DSCN3676.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Put on my Adventurebilt this morning, you talk about a hat built to handle this fowl weather.
The Adventurebilt is topnotch!

p.s. treated with Scouts, I'm sure it did not need it but I love that it does not 'soak' up any rain.

RBH

Bartender
deanglen said:
I wondered if someone should treat fur felt. Interesting.

dean

This is from the Scouts label

Scout Felt Hat Rain & Stain Protector is specifically for use on felt and beaver hats. Will keep your felt hat water-repellent and stain-resistant. This product can safely be used on all COLORFAST hats. If in doubt of colorfastness, check by spraying a hidden area. If color rubs off, it is not color fast and should not be treated.

deanglen

RBH said:
This is from the Scouts label

Scout Felt Hat Rain & Stain Protector is specifically for use on felt and beaver hats. Will keep your felt hat water-repellent and stain-resistant. This product can safely be used on all COLORFAST hats. If in doubt of colorfastness, check by spraying a hidden area. If color rubs off, it is not color fast and should not be treated.

Thanks, R! Great to know. I'm gonna do it with future purchases.

dean

DOUGLAS

Mr.Lucky,how do you find the felt on your hat? Is it responsive?

Love the glasses.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
Mr.Lucky,how do you find the felt on your hat? Is it responsive?

Love the glasses.
Soft, but a little stiff. Not as bad as, say, a contemporary Dobbs, but not nearly as soft as a vintage Borso and not nearly as nice as the hat you wear today.

Thanks. They're Ray Ban's. Oh, and here's my afternoon lid.
P1010006_4.jpg

And, yes, I did have a moustache this morning.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm wearing my '30s ex. JW Marriott Borsalino. Gray felt, dark blue ribbon, finest cav-type edge I've ever seen.

IMG_4095.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman, that 30's Borsalino looks like it was manufactured last weeK! I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. Well done. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Douglas, Re: The Mallory 10. On a scale of 1-10, it's a definite 10! The beard, a 6. But give it another week or two. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner