Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
More great photos, Al. I too am sad to see summer go, seems it was very brief here in Ohio this year, many cool rainy days, not many warm sunny ones. Oh well, maybe next year.

Thank you, Perry. An unusual but no less glorious Summer it has been!

Delectans - great shots. While I sure do not envy you guys your winters up that end of the Mississippi I must admit I'm jealous of the changing seasons you enjoy. It only went to 90 here today so Just a few more months for me

Thanks for your kind words, and a belated welcome! Lydia and I spent three wonderful years at the other end of the Mississippi, in New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast, so I know just how pleasant August weather can be down your way. Love your hat today and just your mention of jambalaya has my stomach growling. :hungry:

Great photos Al!
I love a fall festival.
Since both of these threads are so much the same I am going to merge the Fedoras Afield thread with this one.
You cant get much more Afield than a State Fair!!!!

Thanks, Rusty!

So the FEDORAS AFIELD thread is gone? [huh]:eeek:

My intent with FEDORAS AFIELD was to have a thread which is not constrained by the chronological limitations of the WHAYWT thread, and would allow for more expanded photographic content. While there are many photos in WHAYWT that could easily be posted to FEDORAS AFIELD, I think there is value in leaving FEDORAS AFIELD as a stand alone thread, whereby loungers who wish to do so can post hat related photos at their convenience. Rather than duplication, FEDORAS AFIELD augments this venerable and popular thread.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Yep its gone.

Eliminating FEDORAS AFIELD as a stand-alone thread and incorporating it with the 6,000+ page WHAYWT thread in effect destroys its content. I cannot see or agree with how this would enhance the quality of the HATS Forum.

RBH

Bartender
I will not argue with anyone on a decision I make as a Bartender.

I do not mean to single anyone out but IMHO this is a post that belonged in WHAYWT thead.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...earing-Today&p=1679975&viewfull=1#post1679975

These post should have been in the FA thread.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...earing-Today&p=1680005&viewfull=1#post1680005

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...earing-Today&p=1680006&viewfull=1#post1680006

So to keep a search as simple as it can get the solution to me was to merge.

delectans

Call Me a Cab

I do not mean to single anyone out but IMHO this is a post that belonged in WHAYWT thead.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...earing-Today&p=1679975&viewfull=1#post1679975

These post should have been in the FA thread.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...earing-Today&p=1680005&viewfull=1#post1680005

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...earing-Today&p=1680006&viewfull=1#post1680006

So to keep a search as simple as it can get the solution to me was to merge.

Impossible for me to follow the rationale, Rusty, or NOT to feel singled out. You felt that my photos from today were more appropriate to be placed in the FEDORAS AFIELD thread so said thread was eliminated such that all similar posts can be 'consolidated' in WHAYWT?

I greatly respect your hard work in moderating the forum, and will not argue your decision, but I feel I must speak my mind on the matter and voice my dissent. Ironic, how my choice of post title today was prophetic in more ways than one...

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sam, what great news! Congratulations to you and your family!

Hrme, you too! I can't even imagine the moment when I'll have to give my daughter away!

Wonderful hats all around.

And on another note, sic transit gloria all around these days. :what: but we try to keep our heads up. While I respect rusty' s decision, I think I will miss the af thread as its own destination-based entity.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I agree, Jeff. Although there was certainly some overlap, I enjoyed the Fedoras Afield thread.

Back to hats of today, I was reunited with my Worth & Worth that I'd left in a conference room in Atlanta.

So two hats this afternoon!

smugshot_7267818-L.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Manfred, Richard, Geldoc, T Jones, hatsRme, thank you all.

Some really great hats today, gents, not enough time to comment on all of them, but I have to say Andy, the Champ is a stellar hat, and AL, thanks for your state fair pictorial. It's always nice to to live vicariously through the experience of another.

Also, dh66, my Cajun mother would love you for cooking jambalaya! I would recommend a bottle of Abita Amber to go with it. ;)

Sam--congrats to the proud father!

And David, I think you just solved my "what hat do I wear today?" problem.

Went for a walk after work and wore a recently acquired Stratoliner. First time it's been out of the house since I got it.
IMG_3087_zpsd0ffd3ae.jpg

IMG_3093_zpsa9047175.jpg

IMG_3096_zps9dc33f97.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Some really great hats today, gents, not enough time to comment on all of them, but I have to say Andy, the Champ is a stellar hat, and AL, thanks for your state fair pictorial. It's always nice to to live vicariously through the experience of another.

Thank you for your comment. I enjoyed your great photos from the weekend and today.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, great look today, the double hatted Fedora Man!

dh66, very nice Straw, love the crease!

Andy, fantastic hat, great find and suits you well!

TJ, sharp look with the shirt and hat!

Eric, love it, a very nice and fantastic looking hat!

Richard, always best dressed to the hat, you look great!

Al, fantastic photos and very well documented, it's a pleasure to go among with you.
Sharp hats on the head and nice treasures in the hand!

g-durand, wow a stunner hat, looks very good on you!

Sam, a heartfelt Welcome on Earth little Rex and congratulation to his proud Mam and Dad!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up

I know I'm no longer a very active contributor to this forum but an occasional visitor who sometimes sells some hats in the classifieds. In all honesty, I have pondered many times about coming back and post. I've been asked by some loungers (you know who you are and you have my gratitude) to do so and, many times, I've been at the very edge of returning for good. Rusty, you know how I am, we've had the good fortune of talking in private about our hats, issues, likings, etc and I've gotten to know you a little, too.
I hope you didn't really mean what I quoted from you above. Discussion and healthy argument can only (and mostly) lead to good things, without that capacity, your empathic statement, my friend, sounds a bit (if not a lot) dictatorial. This thread issue at hand might benefit from such discussion. Just an observation from a friend of yours and of this place. Ale-

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
David; Both are sharp. I see the hats and quickly think of Bartholomew Cubbins.

dh66: Sharp straw sir. A very belated welcome to the WHAYW thread.

Andy; Looking good. Apologies for any anxiousness I may cause. Mr.Fawcett's work of hat art will arrive swiftly. The wait and expectation will be well rewarded.

TJ; Great shirt. Oh yes, I like the fedora also.

Richard; I am beginning to expect to see you dressed up each day. Thanks for sharing the hat shot today. I tip my brim in your direction.

Al; Your pics are stunning of the MN State Fair. Our MN Fair is a memorable event each year. Your pics offer good inspight to the event. The composition and quality is high. I need to up my game sir. Al, even more you motivate me to get out and about in our community. As to the season changes, they happen quickly. Tonight I came home to sit on our deck and needed a warm fleece. As short as 2 weeks ago a sport shirt was almost to warm. Uusally we have had snow flakes in the air by Halloween time, so cooler Fall weather is due.

I am late to the conversation, but I too enjoyed the Fedora's Afield thread. The FA thread was a thread that I expected to see more details to the hat adventures. As example, your verbal and pictoral illustrations to the environement in which you were hatted was interesting and I took more time viewing. Others followed the example and as such my viewing behaviors were much different. I will get used to the change, but will miss the thread.

G-durand; Gosh, your hat collection is GRAND. I love the Stratoliner. Excellent condition and looks sharp on your head in the pic. On my computer it looks blue.

Sam; Geepers Rex is looking healthy and sharp. Your son's got a good start on a thick head of hair. Congrats to you and your wife sir. Best wishes to Mom, kids, Rex and yourself.

Ale; Please consider actively posting in the near future. I do miss your posting and comments. During my formative posts, the beginning posts, I looked to your pics and text as fine examples. Certainly your hats, but also the text were you presented your opinions on wearing the hats. I gained a lot as result of your posts.

To the others I have missed - apologies offered. I miss making comments not by choice, but by a fatigued memory.

Best wishes this evening, Eric -

Last edited:
Great photos Al!
I love a fall festival.
Since both of these threads are so much the same I am going to merge the Fedoras Afield thread with this one.
You cant get much more Afield than a State Fair!!!!

Thanks. That move ends my posting to this thread or ever opening it again.
This thread is about what hat you are wearing not what scenery & event you are wearing your hat at.
Viewing it with all these non-hat photos is problematic on my phone & tablet.
Adios....

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Ale, I said I would not argue ...not discuss.
My point being I thought the FA thread was for the photos of you out and about wearing your hats.
And the WHAYWT thread was for a few shots of what you are wearing.
I have no problem being wrong [ I am wrong much of the time]and I too will miss the FA thread.
Most times on my phone I dont have time for all the photos to load on the FA so I wait till I'm home to check it.
That is why I enjoy the WHAYWT thread. I can see some shots quickly.
Anyway, if someone wants to restart a FA thread that would be fine I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk